VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm making a slideshow and I'm looking for a free "screen shatter" transition from one slide to another. A bit like this one here: https://youtu.be/ijEaIj8D5Z4
    I'm putting a clip of a dinosaur roaring and I want to make it as if the the screen crumbles to bits from the loud roar and transitions to the following photo. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by dilophosaurus65; 9th Sep 2018 at 16:12.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by dilophosaurus65 View Post
    I'm making a slideshow and I'm looking for a free "screen shatter" transition from one slide to another. A bit like this one here: https://youtu.be/ijEaIj8D5Z4
    I'm putting a clip of a dinosaur roaring and I want to make it as if the the screen crumbles to bits from the loud roar and transitions to the following photo. Any suggestions?

What program are you using to put this together ? and/or what is your final format goal of the "slideshow" ?

Some free options for 2d shatter effects are aviutl , and the old debugmode wax . Both have some customizable settings

If you want to really customize it and fancy in 3d, then probably blender
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, I'm used to working with Sony Vegas, Filmora, MAGIX Photostory, currenlty I'm practicing in After Effets as well, although I'm a beginner in AE.
    I probably should have mentioned that what I'm planning to do is an educational slideshow-type "Top 10" video on dinosaurs and I want this transition to be basically the intro. The dinosaur roars and then it transitions (through the mentioned shatter effect) to the title. After that I have no problem, I can use multiple programms to do the other parts of the video. That doesn't matter much. What concerns me is to find such transition in order to make the intro so I can carry on with the rest of the video.
    Last edited by dilophosaurus65; 10th Sep 2018 at 05:18.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look at the shatter effect in After Effects.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ^ yes, AE shatter would be the easiest , but not free . aviutl and wax are free, but very quirky and more difficult to use

I was going to say Hitfilm Express is another option, but the shatter there actually needs a paid plugin pack
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The OP mentioned that he is practicing AE. That's why I mentioned the shatter effect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, "Shatter Effect". HitFilm is an alternate to AE. Basically, you need a particle generator software. Sony Vegas doesn't have any 3D or Particles.

AE has everything you need, but you got to pay the price.
    Last edited by budwzr; 10th Sep 2018 at 11:21.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you all for these suggestions, I really appreciate it so far I've never heard of this HitFilm, so I think I'll try it. BTW, there are indeed some nice AE plugins such as the ones from Natress, but you've guessed it, they're not free *sigh* https://fxfactory.com/info/shatter/
    So there aren't any such transition plugins for free at all anywhere?
    Quote Quote  
  9. The shatter plugin comes with AE . It's not really a "transition plugin" . You make the transition yourself with layers . It's quite easy and there should be lots of tutorials on youtube and such. Ask for help if you're still stuck on something
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^ What he said.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dilophosaurus65 View Post
    Thank you all for these suggestions, I really appreciate it so far I've never heard of this HitFilm, so I think I'll try it. BTW, there are indeed some nice AE plugins such as the ones from Natress, but you've guessed it, they're not free *sigh* https://fxfactory.com/info/shatter/
    So there aren't any such transition plugins for free at all anywhere?
    No, there's no free lunch. Not when it's particle generation. That's still a current tool. I would recommend using Vegas AND Hitfilm, and you're fully covered, no monthly subscription.

Between those two softwares you can do it all, and take your time learning it. No subscription. That means you can take time to absorb the concepts instead of paying the piper every month.

It takes a year minimum to absorb all the concepts of Compositing and Video editing. And that's if you have normal brain learning.
    Last edited by budwzr; 11th Sep 2018 at 21:21.
    Quote Quote