VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Looks interesting, 2B. I'm saving that one to look into later, got a few crappy videos I can try. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:20.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Excuse the noobish question David, but is that an actual script or just instructions on what settings to use in your script?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's an adaptation of part of a popular video restoration script. Check the link in 2Bdecided's post to the discussion of Video Fred's complete script (several versions exist).
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    It's an adaptation of part of a popular video restoration script. Check the link in 2Bdecided's post to the discussion of Video Fred's complete script (several versions exist).
    ...and thankfully you can download the entire plugins package in one go from that thread.

unclesoob, if you have all the required plugins, you'll find that just adding a source statement (AVIsource, or whatever) at the top of the code I posted will make it a complete script.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    David, are we pals?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, Sanlyn (and others):

I just did a sample of my toon with MCTDN, threw in a little Ttempsmooth (but BEFORE the MCTDN script, not after) I did this so that the masking and other components in the MCTDN script can also protect my video from the ghosting and artifacts that Ttempsmooth can cause at slightly high settings. Does this make sense?

Anyway, I gotta say dudes this script is NO JOKE. I did a sample with low settings and then gave it to Neat Video for a finishing touch on those really noisy sources. SUPERB. Slow as hell but worth the wait. I knew my trouble would be worth it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    David, are we pals?
    Only if you stop offering to pay me for my services.

Slow as hell but worth the wait.
    You don't know you're born. I've run 0.5fps AVIsynth scripts. Days to process a 3 minute clip. Though at the time people would swear it was magic. e.g. 50i > 24p indistinguishable from native 24p.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, Sanlyn (and others):

I just did a sample of my toon with MCTDN, threw in a little Ttempsmooth (but BEFORE the MCTDN script, not after) I did this so that the masking and other components in the MCTDN script can also protect my video from the ghosting and artifacts that Ttempsmooth can cause at slightly high settings. Does this make sense?
    Not really. If you look at the chart of heavier settings in MCTemporalDenoise doc you'll see that it runs temporal smoothers internally anyway, like TTempsmooth, GradFun2DBmod, and FFT3D. I didn't see ghosting except some in the source that likely came from generation-copy damage or tape playback, but MCTD didn't cause it. Maybe you can post a sample capture frame to show us what you mean.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:21.
    Quote Quote