VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have some problems with merge subtitles and mkv movies.

Steps:
    1º download 2d srt
    2º use 3D-subtitler to convert srt to 3d SBS or OU extensions ASS or SUP
    3º merge movie and sibstitle using mkvmerge GUI

the problem is:
    isn't possible read the subtitles in movies..
    see pic => http://prntscr.com/54dble

i read my movies with my popcorn hour A400

tks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This has been discussed here before. Please read those threads.

3D-subtitler is very likely NOT the app you should be using.

How do you know Popcorn Hour A400 can even read 3D subs (or even SbS-formatted 2D subs) in a 3D file?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello.

Thanks by your answer, but i don't find them
    Quote Quote  
  4. Subtitles supported by Popcorn Hour A400
    Subtitle Formats:

SRT, MicroDVD SUB, SSA, SUB/IDX
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OK, PHa400 supports "3D" (though it doesn't specify which kinds, nor how it is supported or displayed). It supports MKV, and it supports Sub/Idx subtitles. What we don't know is if it supports all 3 at the same time.

Sub/Idx subtitles are the equivalent of extracted subpicture subtitles from a DVD (the "sub" part) along with timing info (the "idx" part). So, you should be able to try convert your 3D subs. Choose the "Vobsub idx/sub" format to output. Save your interim PNG files (to verify that it's working at least up to that point).

ffmpeg can certainly mux vobsub subtitles into mkv containers. Others (such as makemkv and mkvmergegui) also ought to be able to.

If this doesn't work with PHa400, your next thing to try is SRT (which is compatible with lots of things). However, SRT is a text-based sub format (unlike VobSub which is picture-based), so you may have some difficulty with the 3D renderings working out correctly (because it is totally dependent upon the player). You could try Side-by-Side, or Top-and-Bottom (aka Over/Under). And you won't be able to do the conversion with "3D-Subtitler", you'll have to do it yourself manually.

...You must not be looking very hard, re: those old threads, because a search on VH for "3D subtitle" brought up pertinent threads that I contributed to on the very 2nd, 3rd, and 4th top items!
    You can use those as guides for how to MANUALLY re-edit (via Notepad, etc) your 2D SRT subs into "3D" SbS or TaB SRT subs.

Now, if your PHa400 doesn't support those 3 features (mentioned above), you'll have to troubleshoot and see which variations it actually supports...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!