VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. 1. Is there a way to avoid SubResync or Subtilte Editor from from recognizing characters on different lines as one in idx/sub files? examble in attached pic

2. A tool to improve sharpness of the subpicture so it could be easier for OCR programs to recognize the characters?

Thank you in advance
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	z11111111111111111111111.gif
Views:	611
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	10988  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried subrip?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried subrip?
    I did but it didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It took me years to find an easy program to convert idx/sub to srt.
    It is the program Subtitle Edit 3.2.2.(Or next update)
    I rip the main movie to my hard drive with DVDFab and make sure the chosen subs are separated in idx/sub format.
    Then I open Subtitle Edit 3.2.2.
    I import the OCR vobsub (idx/sub) subtitle and without changing something about the main settings I convert the idx/sub to srt in about 20 min for a movie with about 1000 text-lines. Some small corrections are sometimes needed.
    I never tought it was possible in such a short time.
    Give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Eggy View Post
    It took me years to find an easy program to convert idx/sub to srt.
    It is the program Subtitle Edit 3.2.2.(Or next update)
    I rip the main movie to my hard drive with DVDFab and make sure the chosen subs are separated in idx/sub format.
    Then I open Subtitle Edit 3.2.2.
    I import the OCR vobsub (idx/sub) subtitle and without changing something about the main settings I convert the idx/sub to srt in about 20 min for a movie with about 1000 text-lines. Some small corrections are sometimes needed.
    I never tought it was possible in such a short time.
    Give it a try.
    I use SubtitleEdit for some time now and I'm perfectly happy with it and yes it is fast but my problem is not that, my problem is that I want a tool to edit the idx/sub file before inserting it in SE in order to edit the horizontal spacing of the text lines and to improve the sharpness of the characters (sometimes the bluriness of the characters is so strong that the simplest character -o- is not recognized second time) because I don't use automated srt creation as I don't use it for english words but greek.
    Quote Quote