1. ....so he should get the new decrypter??? haha just kidding man. :P
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Don't push me. Seriously.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After installing the new DVDDecypter and ripping The Incredibles, I found that MY REFRIGERATOR HAD BEEN UNPLUGGED! Also, all my refrigerator magnets became DEMAGNETIZED! It certainly wasn't something that I could have done. Also, my toaster began to BURN MY TOAST! I guess that it really DOES have a virus on the original disc!

Any update on the "original, unrippable" disc there, Gurmy?
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    To date two people have sent me discs.

One person sent me their broken backup - on Fuji DVD+R media. LOL.

Another sent me a perfectly normal copy, and after mailing it determined that they had some other problem (Sasha).

To date, nobody has sent me a supposedly-unrippable disc. Idjits.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BTW, after nuking and paving the PC, including all drives, etc., the Incredibles did rip just fine to all drives. Thanks Gurm for the assist.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sasha
    BTW, after nuking and paving the PC, including all drives, etc., the Incredibles did rip just fine to all drives. Thanks Gurm for the assist.
    No worries. I presume you got your disc back ok?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Best . thread . ever

Haven't laughed so much in ages.

Thanks, Gurm
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeas, got the disk back just fine. Just goes to show you can never 100% trust your h/w and or s/w (nor the space pilot).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Best . thread . ever

Haven't laughed so much in ages.

Thanks, Gurm
    You're very welcome. I'm still waiting for one of the more vocal retards to send me a "broken" original. I imagine that I'll go on waiting until the issue has long been forgotten, since such discs don't actually exist.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tried to back up an older movie the other day, the western "Shane", and it just did not want to rip. In shrink it got through the analysing stage, but on encoding it would freeze at exactly 50%. Same story with Decrypter. It wasn't going to rip, and was beginning to piss me off. Physically, it was perfect, so had to be an error on the disc, as its an older movie so couldn't be some new form of protection. Found a way around with Shrink. As I could see exactly where it was freezing on encoding, I ripped one part and set "end frame" at a couple of frames before the error. Then ripped the second part setting "start frame" half a dozen frames after the error (a bit of guess work) until the end. Joined titles 1 & 2 again in Shrink, and I'll be damned if I didn't end up with a complete movie (minus a few seconds where the error was).

Ok, this can only work if the error happens on the encoding stage of Shrink, and not on the initial analysing stage, but its another way of backing up a difficult movie. It worked after I had given up hope of backing this one up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cyflyer
    Decrypter. It wasn't going to rip, and was beginning to piss me off. Physically, it was perfect, so had to be an error on the disc, as its an older movie so couldn't be some new form of protection.
    Spent 3 hours trying everything in this post trying to rip "Ray". I was sure I had a new form of protection or a (spyware, ya right!, lol). I was ready to send the disc to Gurm and everything...........then I realized it was a feaking scratch in the DVD. Same spot every time....stalled in my regular DVD players. I'm sure Decrypter will do it when I get a disc in good condition. i wont be that stupid again.

Thanks for everyone that puts valuable info in here.
    (Try the simple stuff before crying wolf)

Peace
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tonydead
    (Try the simple stuff before crying wolf)
    Problem is that a lot of the newer people are either too lazy, or too ignorant to "try the simple stuff". Hence, the "I can't burn a DVD in my floppy drive..." type of posts.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  13. Even an old dog can make mistakes, I know I did...

Aftyer reading about several peopel having problems with The Incredibles I tried to rip the disc, and sure enough I got into problems with it, constant read errors and stuff. I then began to read all threads I could find on the subject and tried different settings and methods...Nothing worked...

Finally I took the disc out to put it back in the case and as I did I glanced at the bottomsida of the disc...and wouldn't you know...a smudge mark big as my thumb on the surface....I wiped it of and tried again...No problems what so ever...

My point being that some people maybe should clean their discs before they write a question in this forum...

but it probably is like SLK001 says...people are to lazy....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No. People are too stupid. And lazy. *sigh*

People are, as a general rule, crap.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry to disagree with you Gurm. but people are not crap. They are, however, crap making machines.
    Quote Quote  
  16. This is turning into another "cant rip re2, little black book etc" Its getting to get out of hand. Im telling you there should be a newbie forum for newbies only. Gurm is correct about people. They need to read alot more before crying wolf over why they cant rip a dvd.
    Life is like a pothole, you just have to learn to get around it.
    Quote Quote