VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB
    Quote Quote  
  2. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. ......

sascha
    please take a look at:

http://homepage.mac.com/shk747/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey man,
    I wanted to throw my 2 cents- yes he can be cranky, but that is sort of a programmer's right. He has helped ALL of us here with our problems, just with some attitude sometimes. Cranky- sometimes. Helpful- all the time (even if you wanna throw something at him after he makes fun of you). I'd just roll with it, cause he's one of the key members of this HELP FORUM.
    Don't get me wrong, but you'll always get smiles from some of us, so try to roll w/ the punches, and for every angry letter here, there's usually one with a big So PEACE, I'm outta here!
    "What's a matter Colonel Sanders???? CHICKEN???!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    turdburglar: If you want help with the beta, you have to email me at mtr@wormintheapple.gr. Why have I not received any emails from you about this? All bug reports on this forum will be ignored, as it's a bitch to request info and takes up valuable thread space, wasting everyone's time for one guy's problem. It's my fault, I should have made membership in the beta test more selective, but I figure I need all the feedback I can get, including from not-so-technically-inclined users. JUST EMAIL ME!!!!!
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here is the font cutting off problem:

Notice the top line. I have Font Reserve running on OS X.2.8 if that might have anything to do with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting, it's displaying a bigger font than for me in 10.3.3. Actually, the whole interface is rather messed up and misaligned. This is what it should look like:

turdburgler, are you also running 10.2.x? Any other 10.2.x users noticing this problem? I smell a bitch of a problem here; it might be hard to get this straightened out without having separate versions for 10.2.x and 10.3.x, or just letting the 10.2.x users have a glitchy interface.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  7. I am having the same problem on 10.2.8. It works fine on 10.3. Seems to be a problem with 10.2.8. Otherwise fine piece of software. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. it seems there is a difference in the way the interface is sized in 10.2 X..

I should look into this , maybe make some changes in PB in 10.2.X.. ( lucky i keep both Oses on my system , just for this )

If i cant fix it i will see about having 2 nibs in the app , one for 10.3 , one for 10,2 ...

A slight side effect of course is the app size will increase..

cant be helped
    GB
    Quote Quote  
  9. right for all you people in 10.2.8 land ( UPGRADE ) i have fixed the UI for you...

One WW gets back online , i will upload the new build for every one.

GB
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hoyla geezerbuttz...One small tip...Always check interface compatibility in Interface builder before saving...Also there is a more then few things which 10.2.8 does not support:

- NSTableViews horizontal and vertical grid line flags are ignored on Mac OSX versions prior to 10.3
    - NSPopUpButton - Mini control size are not supported on Mac OSX versions prior to 10.3
    - Textured square buttons are not supported on Mac OSX versions prior to 10.3
    ...etc...

And THANX for Your time and effort You putting in developing MTR...Also mucho thanx to WiseWeasel for support...I think You are now on the right path to make ultimate ripper for Mac...
    Quote Quote  
  11. not only the above points , but all the spaceings are different too...

the compat checker ( i do use it ) may claim that the UI is compat between OSes but it does not check for spacing of components etc...only way to test that is to run under the old OS , i did , and it needed fixing , so its fixed... if only i could catch WW ( he's asleep right now ) all you old timers could get it up and running,,,

turdburglar ... being 42 is no excuse.... Im 40 , and im writing this bloody thing...now , come on.....

Is it not time that apple sorted out these UI issues ( instead of just making them worse each point release)

GB
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1. Yes I am running on 10.2.8, I havent changed os yet as I am still learning this one, plus there seems to be a lot of complaints about panther?

2. As for screen shots I have tried to post screenshots before and I just cant do it, all I get is a little blue box with a question mark in it. I know there are instructions under "upload image" but I just dont get it! I need some one to show me a screen shot of how they do it, sorry, I have tried.

3. I dont know what crash logs are or where they are?

4. WW, I will email you of the problems I have, when I first posted I only made a comment on the look of MTR2.0 and that it looked great, I didnt know if that was how it was supposed to look or not, it wasnt meant as a fault or bug report report.

5. Thank you for being patient, helpful and putting in the effort with MTR.

6. Can anyone tell me what a "ui" is
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would have been easier to just email me the screenshots than to try to figure out how to post them here. UI stands for User Interface.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I knew I wasnt the sharpest pencil in the pack! but gee I never thought to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Geezer, Thank you very much for the work you've done on MTR. I recently switched to using macs because of the lack of security in Windoze. With MTR and ifoedit 0.98(on my eMachine) I can make a backup of a dvd in two steps. With MTR and VLC I can even play movies on an original 233MHz bondi iMac. I ripped the movie to the hd of the iMac from a non Apple usb dvd-rom drive. Don't be ashamed to ask for money for the work you do. I don't mind paying for a quality tool like MTR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not a question of shame, but of legality. If you wish to donate to ensure future development, feel free to contact us at mtr@wormintheapple.gr.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Master of my domain thoughton's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    Are you on our update notification mailing list? If not, then you don't get notifications about beta versions. If you are on the list, and still aren't getting notifications, it's probably because your ISP is blocking mail from my current mail server.
    No I'm not on your update notification list. I don't know how to join it. You sent me a personal email asking if I wanted to beta test. I said yes please. That was the last I heard from you. I've looked on the MTR website (pretty hard to find, btw, no link from the main wormintheapple page) and cannot see anything about an update notification list.

I use fastmail for email so unless you are some sort of super spammer I doubt they are blocking your emails. Fastmail also accepts mail from dynamic IP mailservers (I know this because I use postfix as my SMTP server) so that wouldnt be a problem either.

Cheers
    Tim Houghton
    WebsitePhotography
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Send me an email, and I'll see if you've been added or not, or what happened. Maybe some mail got lost.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MTR 2.0 beta 6 has just been released. It (hopefully) fixes some of the problems earlier betas were having. It also adds an option to not copy menus when doing a Main Feature or Title Set extraction. It should have higher compatibility than any previous beta version, as we've fixed a few limitations it had before. It's also a logging version, so it will totally pollute your Console.log with a bunch of info; hope you didn't need that for anything...
    Quote Quote  
  20. I did some try with the latest MTR2b6.

So far so good...

I can confirm you, that this new MTR2 b6, works like a charm.

It's worth trying !

Congratulations, and thanks a lot to the developpers.

Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    It's also a logging version, so it will totally pollute your Console.log with a bunch of info; hope you didn't need that for anything...
    I hope you're not talking about the Info screen, because up to now, the quick way to see if the rip went ok was to check there for errors. Unless, of course, a new feature has been added to shout a red alert if any problem occurs.
    Quote Quote  
  22. so you have never seen any of the big yellow / and / or / red sheet windows that drop down when a rip error occurs....

been there since day 2

GB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    He's not a beta tester, so he's still on 1.5.6... The info drawer is now obsolete. Errors are displayed in error dialogs, like they should be.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MTR 2.0 beta 7 was just released. It's now built with GCC 3.3, for increased performance. We've added the option to backup extra DVD-ROM content in Full Disc mode for your convenience. There are some more minor interface enhancements. It looks like we're nearing the final public release here.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Wise Weasel a ?. Can we continue to run the older version while running the new beta version? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MTR 2.0 beta 8 is now released. It has some interface improvements, fixing some issues where the save location would get blanked out upon ejecting the DVD, and the interface wouldn't go back to its normal state after ejecting a DVD on the first run.

Also, there are several performance enhancements, eliminating some bottlenecks that were slowing down the extraction. This is the fastest version of MTR to date.

We're getting close to public release, so all the testers should let us know ASAP if you encounter any problems.

Re: paulm14, Yes, you can run the older version as well, though you will be presented with the agreement screen each time you switch between different versions. Also, if you're beta testing 2.0, we'd appreciate you using that version as much as possible, and letting us know if you have any issues. Why would you want to use the old version anymore?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MacTheRipper 2.0 beta 9 is now ready for testing. This is the first golden master release candidate, so be sure to put it through its paces.
    We've corrected a big bug, where CSS key retrieval might have failed, due to a large portion of the libdvdcss and libdvdread code being turned off. This has been present since MTR 1.x. This should increase compatibility with many disc and drive combinations.
    Also, there's now a time remaining timer, refreshed every 5 seconds, displaying the estimated time remaining for the extraction. This is not active in non-PGC title/chapter extractions.
    We also added a warning when UOP disabling is enabled, that it can break navigation on some DVDs. You can disable the warning in the prefs. If you use UOPs disabling, be sure to check the DVD playback very carefully with DVD Player before you burn any DVDs. If it doesn't work normally, try ripping again without disabling UOPs.
    We've found that DVD Player can interfere with MTR when you let it auto-launch while MTR is trying to scan the DVD. You should either only launch MTR once you've quit DVD Player, or disable DVD Player from autolaunching upon DVD insertion in the CDs & DVDs system preference.
    Quote Quote  
  28. looking forward to the final!!!!
    ))))

Bernie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MacTheRipper 2.0 beta 10 (release candidate 2) is now ready for testing. It fixes incompatibilities with MacOS 10.2.x.
    We've streamlined the performance a bit, helping to relieve the stress on the window manager, which could cause MTR to crash in the past.
    Also, we've fixed a bug where the save location would just display the name of the disk or user name where the output was saved. It now shows the directory name where you save the output.
    Be sure to verify the output MTR makes with DVD Player before you burn to DVD-R (except when you use title/chapter mode, which you can test using VLC), especially if you've disabled UOPs, as that can sometimes mess up DVD menus.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is sounding like *THE* best DVD extractor EVAR!
    Keep up the good work guys, your doing the MAC platform proud!
    Quote Quote