VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Succeeded me to go " 2001:a space odyssey" in 1CD 700MB.
    TMPGEnc12i, bbMPEG
    Works on my Pioneer 535.
    09:00 01-10-0309:00 01-10-03
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why is this always such a big deal? You can always target a film to fit on 1CD w/ a bitrate calc., no matter what format you're doing....mpeg-1, mpeg-2, divX, etc. Adjusting resolutions, etc. also sometimes helps. So who cares? Also, 2001 is over 120+min, bet it looks great squashed onto one disc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I bet it looks pretty good. Most of that movie, if I recall, is high contrast. White or black-which are easy colors to encode

congrats...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello!,

I was succesfull to make a SVCD with a 133min. movie in one only 80m cdr. The format is mpeg-2, Video 1050000bit/sec, Audio 128000bit/sec, Tmpeg12j with VBR and bitrate Max = 2520, Min 0, AVG 1050. Res: 352x288 25fps.(PAL)

The original movie was 16/9 format and the svcd 4/3 format.
    Quality of video is equal to standard VCD and plays very well on my Samsung-DVD611.

Good luck!
    GP.

papi_g@libero.it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok... Someone please explain. I was under the impression that a VCD could hold 80m of video, period.

I'm using TMPGEnc to convert from other formats to a VCD-ready MPG, and I habitually use the "VideoCD (NTSC)" settings template.

How is it possible to get so much video onto a VCD, and still have it readable by your set-top DVD players?

Thanks,

- N
    Quote Quote  
  6. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-10-03 00:42:56, Hollywood004738 wrote:
    I bet it looks pretty good. Most of that movie, if I recall, is high contrast. White or black-which are easy colors to encode

congrats...
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

Please.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have done 2:35 to 1 widescreen 120+min videos on 1 cd and people I've showed them to thought the quality was outstanding.....Do not judge other people's outcomes as impossible The_Flash. TV is very forgiving
    Quote Quote  
  8. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    How is it possible to get so much video onto a VCD, and still have it readable by your set-top DVD players?
    </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

TRY THIS: TMPGEnc
    VIDEO
    Stream type: MPEG-2 Video
    Size: 352 x 288 pixels
    Aspect ratio: 2.11:1 Display
    Frame rate: 25 fps
    Rate control mode: 2pass variable bitrate (VBR)
    Average bitrate: 627 kbits/sec
    Maximum bitrate: 2584 kbits/sec
    Minimum bitrate: 0 kbits/sec
    AUDIO
    Stream type: MPEG-1 Audio Layer II
    Sampling frequency: 44100Hz
    Channel mode: Stereo
    Bit rate: 128 kbits/sec
    Quote Quote  
  9. Let's assume the movie is about 120min. You would use 128kB for your audio, which is already greatly inferior to 224 or even 192. This would give you an average bitrate of about 785 for the video, assuming your going for the full 800mb on an 80min disc. There is no way a VBR of 785 could compare to a properly encoded SVCD with a VBR of 1695. It would be like comparing listening to your favorite song via AM radio versus CD.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sorry!, I was wrong: my movie was 93min not 133min!

Quote Quote