VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i try to remux in ifoedit and the sound is way asynch. i was wondering if there is anything other than going through the trouble of using scenarist that i can use to remux correctly
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To use the REMUX feature in IFOEdit, you MUST maintain the current GOP structure. Therefore, any file created by CCE will NOT work correctly. The only program that can do what you want is ReMPEG2.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried rempeg, i'm backing up Gorky Park. and about an 45 minutes into the movie it has awful stuttering of the frames after i transcode with rempeg. i checked the frames and they don't swtich from interlaced to preogressive or chnge framrates or anything that i can see that would cause it. that is why i'm trying to go another route. i can do everything using scenarist and the ac3 file, but it's just much more invovled and i wanted to get this done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can check the movie about the time you have problems using DVD2AVI and see if there is a format switch (ie, from PROGRESSIVE to 29.97 NTSC), or maybe even at the end of a .VOB.

Personally, as long as ReMPEG2 takes to re-encode, I think that it would be faster using CCE and Scenarist (which I do not have) to just recreate the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. try using spruceup, if you import the CCE encoded .m2v it will automatically import the .ac3 file if it has the same name. i.e. movie.m2v and movie.ac3

never had a synch problem yet
    Quote Quote