VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there... I have a set of DVD files, VOBs, BUPs, and IFOs, that if I burned on disc, would play the content as desired. Now, I also have another set of DVD files, also VOBs, BUPs, and IFOs, that if I burned on disc, would play pretty much the same content, however there is a bit more additional footage on the first set of files that I want to splice into the second set of files, however there is some content in the second set that I need to splice out.

What steps and apps would I need to accomplish such a goal? All help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A simple way is to import videos track by track to TDA by dragging VIDEO_TS.IFO file to SOURCE window. For each imported track you'll have an option to use original chapter information on time-line for setting start/end points for cutting what you are importing. After you do it for all videos separately you can build new DVD folders with or without menu.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey there Alex.. thanks for the prompt reply. I still however would need an actual tutorial, as I haven't used TGMPEncDVD Author really much, so I don't have the mastery skills necessary to handle the required task on my own with your simple instructions. If you can point me to a resource on a step by step that would be great.

Just to elaborate a bit... one of the DVDs only has a little bit of data at the tail end I need and would like to splice into the other dvd. I think that would be the best way for me to handle it. The VOB that I want to splice into the longer DVD would need to be edited to about 1/4 or so in length, as I only need the last say 5 or 10 mins of it.

Anyhow, if you can either write a tutorial or find one that would pretty much suit my needs exactly, that would be so much appreciated. I personally wouldn't mind writing one myself, if I was able to do this successfully with the minimal amount of applications being used. I think this would be a very useful tool for making like a music video collection of favorites on one disc. Anyhow, let me know your thoughts. Thanks
    Quote Quote