VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hm... every MiniDV I've ever copied was shown to be a BFF in its info later on. Now I've got this one where it says a 'Top Field Only'. Is it even possible? I've checked it with few tools and they all signal the same field order. It worries me cause I am not sure now about the x264 encoding setting for the field order. What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kodec View Post
    Hm... every MiniDV I've ever copied was shown to be a BFF in its info later on. Now I've got this one where it says a 'Top Field Only'. Is it even possible? I've checked it with few tools and they all signal the same field order. It worries me cause I am not sure now about the x264 encoding setting for the field order. What do you think?
    You can use
    Code:
    AssumeTFF()
    Separatefields()
    in an Avisynth script and proceed frame by frame in Virtualdub. If you see a backward/forward jumping, field order is wrong
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Btw I've totally forgotten about the TMPGEnc. Used it just to make sure and it showed the BFF, also tested within as such. No idea why the Media Info and sth else, forgot what, showed the previous.
    Quote Quote