VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I'm just backing up some BD's to media server and having issue's with the converted subtitle srt files to play alongside. This pic explains it easiest:

[Attachment 63808 - Click to enlarge]

Is it that BluRay (Dune '21)? Is it something in the files I'm extracting (via MKVCleaver 64b) or is it the process itself causing the spacing?? Thank you for any assistance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's the ocr process that's doing the spacing,the only thing you can do is manually correct the spacing but the program will remember what you did and as time goes bye you will have more reliable ocr's with less correcting.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. So I guess this is where my noob quotient expresses itself.... are there other OCR utils that would do a better job (for my requirements), or is the basic function of converting a file like this limited by design?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Other people will swear that their subtitle program works better but subtitle edit is what i use if i ever need to ocr pgs or idx subs.You gotta do some correcting to let the program learn but there's no better way to do it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote