VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. Im using a DC30 plus card and have a question. when i capture with my old jvc vhsc camera at the top resolution and a datarate of 5mb/s it goes fine. captures perfectly without dropping a frame. But when i plug my sony hi8 camera in and try to capture it sometimes drops frames. when it does it drop frames it seems to drop a bunch in the same area on the tape. it does this with a few tapes.

This isnt a problem with my hdd speed as it works perfectly with one camera and not another. its almost like it gets a dodgy frame from the camera and doesnt know how to digitize it and therefor drops it.

anyone else have this problem? and know how to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I dad has a hauppauge PCI WINTV Go capture card, he is dropping frames like crazy and it doe not matter what AVI mode I try to capture on, this just started after he installed WIN2000 with NTFS. He also has the drive compression on also from WIN2000, so gonna try to disengage that and try it then, I believe its a WIN2000 issue with running the NTFS, he has a fast enough computer a 1 gig thunderbird with 384 megs of ram.
    I an running a simular card with WIN98 with no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thxkid, sorry dude but its not windows2000 or ntfs. Its the DRIVE COMPRESSION.
    Quote Quote