VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Are you able to reauthor the TEST-SVCD (-PAL) after you ripped it with VCDeasy?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I ran into the well documented but never cleared out problem of VCDeasy (or VCDimager) that either you have subs or menu, while the TEST-SVCD-PAL created by HVR works great and has both.

My guess: If we manage to rip and reauthor the TEST-SVCD-PAL we might be able to get a guide that explains what went wrong.

I know it can only be a very tiny problem, as I once (and only once) managed to author a CD with VCDEasy that also has both subs and menu.

From the environment it seems that only VCDeasy has changed, not the tools inside. Today I use 1.1.5.2, and the oldest package I found on my systems is 1.1.1.x.

I like VCDeasy and I would also buy it, but this problem drives my crazy.

Please check with your version of VCDeasy, if you are able to reauthor the CD and have menues and subs.

Reg.
    Matthias
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!

I could't download the TEST-SVCD-PAL, but I made my own SVCD-file with 2 audio tracks and 2 selectable subs. I then burned it using Nero and tested it in my Mustek DVD-560.

Everything works pefectly and I can switch between the audiotracks and the two subs.

After that I inserted the SVCD-file into VCDEasy 2.0.1 and added some chapters into it. I the burned the file from VCDEasy.

When I inserted the disc into my Mustek DVD-560, the subs didn't show on the screen, but when I switched to another chapter, the subs was now visible. I don't know exactly what caused this, because I have only been able to show the subs one time after I used VCDEasy to author the SVCD. The strange thing is that the subs where visible in my home DVD player after I authored the SVCD with VCDEasy, but after reinserted the disc in my home DVD player, the subs where missing, even if I do the same thing and switch chapter, like I did earlier.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
  3. So you get the (more or less) same flavour of the problem. That would give "no with 2.x" of the poll 1 Point!

The files for the TEST-SVCD(-PAL) is somewhere on the VCDImager homepage and that is unreachable for some days now. (I guess it was downed by a dDOS-attack).

As the maintainer (HVR) is also away (vacation?) I could just provide the files on a different server. Please drop me a private mail if you still like to have them.

But I think you were able to repro and I do not think this is a problem of VCDEasy as it is "just" the GUI (but maybe passes some wrong settings?).

CU
    Matthias
    Quote Quote