VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, what is the best way to convert a video in realtime with a higher frame rate than 24 fps to 24 fps using avisynth? Like 25, 29.97, 30, 59.94 or 60 fps? I noticed that videos that are converted into 24 fps and then played back with bluesky frame rate converter, svp or dmitrirender, play back very smoothly, while playback of videos like 30 or 29.97 fps aren't that smooth. So i tried this in realtime using avisynth in ffdshow. This is what i used as an example:

ffdshow_source()
    LoadPlugin("FDecimate2.dll")
    ConvertToYV12()
    fDecimate2(24)

This is in ffdshow and I have for example dmitrirender and ffshow in external filters section of mpc-be or mpc-hc.

Playback of video such as 29.97 fps play very smooth but a video that is 59.94 is not smooth with this method.

Come somebody suggest what I am doing wrong or not or any other avisynth filter that may help with this realtime conversion and playback? Or if there is another way like a directshow filter that can do what fdecimate does in realtime?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What's the real framerate supposed to be? If it wasn't shot as 24fps film, then it shouldn't be played back at 24fps. Wanting to convert all videos to 24fps is just plain silly.

And using FDecimate is always risky because of the very good chance it won't choose the correct frames to remove.

And your videos are probably already YV12, meaning you don't need that line in the script.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks for your reply. My reply is:

Hi, im trying to not just play at 24 fps but after that happens using fDecimate, dmitrirender or bluesky frame rate converter get used for that super smooth motion effect (soap opera effect) i guess. Most of my videos are progressive and probably variable framerate. I've notice that videos that are interlaced don't work with my method though. I'm not trying to play the videos at native speed. I'm only converting to 24 fps in realtime because for a lot of videos my method and using dmitrirender or blue sky frame rate converter wil play the video with that soap opera effect. I would use svp but I haven't figured out how to get another avisynth filter working in conjunction with svp as that uses ffdshow at the same time. Anybody know how? I have added some test links for video clips for testing if anybody wants to see that. Try it with or without my method and don't forget to have blue sky frame rate converter or dmitrirender enabled.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tE...8N-uYdve3rsNQf

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FC...fqJOBkucqMVVBh

This 3rd video I can't smooth out with my method probably because it is interlaced, anyone know how I can get around that?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16-...Ay8omUYblVJ9m0

same video but deinterlaced.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DV8eD91i1MP7iK6l3atTBUYqoEf99BHm

Also I am trying to get this to work with live video from a capture card, not working out so far anybody have any ideas on that?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	52044  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	52045  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	52046  

Last edited by Milardo; 17th Feb 2020 at 18:58.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The first three links don't work. The fourth is some WMV garbage that should have been IVTC'd rather than poorly deinterlaced.

Learn to walk before you run. Learn the basics first - how to determine what you have and how it should be treated, rather than blindly trying to play everything at what is often the wrong framerate.

...don't forget to have blue sky frame rate converter or dmitrirender enabled.
    That's a joke, right? I've never even heard of either of them and have no wish or need to learn. Perhaps someone else will be of more help.
    Quote Quote