VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    has anyone ever ordered these from blankmedia.ca...?

DVD-R 2x Generic Maxell Code
    Media Code Mfr: MXLRG01

Great price 25=$35CAN
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Tom athttp://www.blankmedia.ca/
    He has been on this site before.He is fast and great prices.
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did a sample (10disc) order of the 2x Maxell from blankmedia.ca. Be aware, they are advertised as "fake maxell". Meaning there arent' actually produced by maxell.

These discs are actually transparent! If you hold them up to any moderate light source, you can actually see through them (I can watch my tv through them!)

They burnt okay on my pioneer a06, played on all my players. However I have a friend's DVD-ROM that is extremely picky (read - old). It will play legit Maxell media, but not these ones.

I can't speak for their longevity, but I wouldn't be surprised if after a few months, problems start to appear (they are see through! Which is just so weird!!)

Definitely lower quality discs. I won't be buying them again.

Hope that helps

Aggies
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found a place in Montreal yesterday where they were selling 4x "Media" brand discs at $39 for 50. I didn't find this brand when I searched the DVD Media section of this site. Then I found them on their website.

http://megapc.com/product.asp?pf_id=DIS%2DOEM19

They look about as generic as you can get. I should be wary, right?

Or maybe just buy a couple of samples the next time I'm in the neighborhood? :/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Ritek shiny/purple.Bought most of mine from blankmedia.I don't think there are many Go3'S around anymore.I'll have to flash my sony 500a and start using GO4''s when my current supply runs out.I've had had great success with them as they've never failed to play on any player they've been tried on.
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So I dropped in on the place again the other day and asked them to sell me a couple of samples, and they refused.

Now I really should be wary, right?

So this place is OK, is it?
    http://www.blankmedia.ca
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've used him a few times before.When i've been in the Kitchener area i've dropped in to his house to pick up orders,no problems.Shipping has been fast.I believe he will also send samples of some disks.
    I've never tried the Ridata brand Riteks only the shiny silver/purple.
    The deal for disks and cases shipped together will save some shipping costs.
    For the extra few pennies a disk, buy a better brand of media.It might cost an extra quarter a disk,but less problems and better compatability.
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not sure if they're any good, but they certainly are cheap: FutureShop has these Mitsui DVD's at 200 for $70.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/class.asp?catid=7671&newlang=EN&logon=&langid=FR&dept=1
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dont buy mitsumi dvd-r from future shop,the media code is an31,run from it screaming!
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wow -- $59CND for the -R right now for 200 pack and the media code on those are SONY08D1 ... they are really X8 media , not X4

thanks for tip
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  11. I saw these at the store,Most are packed very bad,Most i looked at were lose in the box,Nice price,and the one I looked at were printable.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd order a box,but if they are packed that badly, it's not worth it.
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i went to furtureshop and picked up a box and they were fine
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Oh i know,But some were not. Please let me know what you think of them.

Edit: Us
    Quote Quote  
  15. Printable?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not really
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FOR $60 I've decided to take a chance.The website said 1200 in stock,but the order says out of stock.We'll see
    bmiller,ont.canada
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by bmiller
    FOR $60 I've decided to take a chance.The website said 1200 in stock,but the order says out of stock.We'll see
    They have tons and i mean tons here in halifax,I should ask my brother in montreal if they have them. I really cant wait to see how they burn.
    Quote Quote  
  19. hi in toronto area any chinese places really cheap
    ie www.cty.ca
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My comments on www.blankmedia.ca

Service is very good
    Packaging is very good
    DVD media are as expected.
    cd/dvd case are total scrap. Do not buy any case from them.
    I have tried cd slim case, cd soft plastic case, dvd single and double and they ALLLLLL piece of s....
    cd slims were the worst I have ever seen.
    cd soft plastic were bent.
    dvd single: I was not able to figure how to place the disc inside. Is it normal to use a hammer?
    dvd double: similar to dvd single, but not as bad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gotta agree there. The discs and the ink are fine, but if you're not careful, their DVD cases will give your discs hairline hub fractures.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BJ_M
    wow -- $59CND for the -R right now for 200 pack and the media code on those are SONY08D1 ... they are really X8 media , not X4

thanks for tip

i went back to get another box and they were all out everywhere -- but i idid get a raincheck ... they seem to be just fine ... and the price rocks -- they really are 8x , though the box says 4x and they are the sony media

they have 100 packs for 99$ CND , but dont look the same .. also since the 200 packs are half the price -- ..............

since the snow has eased a lot --- shouldnt take more than about 2 hours to go the 10km ..

nice at night though -- as long as you dont mind the minus 40 degree temps of course ... no wimps allowed ..

Quote Quote