VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search PM
    There was a new MediaInfo version, so I made a new release of this little project.

I've integrated another small project of mine called Get-MediaInfo, it's a complete MediaInfo PowerShell solution, in MediaInfo.NET there is a new menu item 'Folder View' which runs the powershell command:

. Get-MediaInfo.ps1; gci 'folder' | gmi | ogv

It looks like so:

https://github.com/stax76/Get-MediaInfo#examples

I hope it works, software dependencies and distribution can be very difficult!

https://github.com/stax76/MediaInfo.NET#installation

People that already use MediaInfo.NET may try to update using the built-in update feature found in the menu, that is powershell powered as well and I hope that it works too.
    Quote Quote  
  2. sorry i don't understand where is your prog... how to download and use on win SO??
    we have portable x64 version?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Many authors make binaries available in the link releases on their github project page.

The tool is portable, has no installer, just unpack. But you need to install a recent .NET runtime (I believe 4.8).

It doesn't matter much whether it is 64 bit or not, because it needs neither a lot of RAM nor a lot of computing power.
    Quote Quote  
  4. tanxs for reply. and yes, framework 4.8 is required.
    but where did you find releases link??
    on this page is not present...

Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot_01.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	53099
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    It may not obviously be a link, due to the missing underline, but is indeed present:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	github_releases.png
Views:	81
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	53100  

Quote Quote  
  6. tanxs for your clarification.
    github project is a wonderful world, but in some situations it is not easy to understand how certain mechanisms work!
    now i understand one more thing, that i will need for the future. tanxs
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

- Update and Folder View feature did not work on systems with restricted PowerShell execution policy.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, nice tool! I really like the option to split encoder settings into categories; it makes quick views much easier and I don't spend as much time looking for the settings I want to find. The search box is also a nice touch, as well as the ability to hide parameters.

I do have a question though. For x265, why do you have psy-rd listed under "Other", while psy-rdoq is listed under "Analysis"? This seems counter-intuitive to me as they both serve a similar purpose, albeit through different mechanisms. I usually expect to see these back-to-back when viewing encoder settings. I'm running the latest version pulled from GitHub, 7.0.0.0.

Anyways, thanks for the great work. I'll definitely be following this project going forward!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you for the kind feedback, I don't get to read that every day. Next version lists psy-rd under Analysis, but it could take a while until the next release since the last was seven days ago, and there are a couple of other projects, mainly staxrip and mpv.net.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Thank you for the kind feedback, I don't get to read that every day.

My pleasure! I was actually going to develop something like this for myself, and then I stumbled onto your project

Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    Next version lists psy-rd under Analysis, but it could take a while until the next release since the last was seven days ago, and there are a couple of other projects, mainly staxrip and mpv.net.
    No worries, it's a very small issue. I wasn't sure if you were aware that they were in different categories, so I thought I would mention it here. Thanks again for your work.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM

- MediaInfo 21.3
    - Get-MediaInfo 3.7
    - psy-rd moved to Analysis section
    Quote Quote