VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am new to this and have read many posts here but just can't seem to find good info on this question.
    I have about 45gigs of MP3 files that have been taged correctly and art worked saved in directorys for each album. I am going to back them up on DVD disks.

I would like to hear from everyone here as the the best format to use. In nero 6 i have a few choices, like Data Disk, Bottable, UDF Disk, UDF/ISO. I don't seem to find much info on what the difference is between the types so i can't seem to make up my mind as what is the best fromat for storage of data (MP3) files.

So i know what a bootable disk is and i don't need that. But what is the difference between normal Data Disk and a UDF Disk. Then what about UDF and UDF/ISO.

Every time i install nero it never has the Help files as i have tried that also.

Thank for any help or advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Look under "U" in the Glossary - upper l/h side of page...
    Always check helpfiles/instructions before leaping...
    Quote Quote  
  3. That is a start, There are a lot of other thing to consider but i guess no one seem to talk much about this as there are so many varibles.

I will just have to test for my self, and maybe burn a few coasters to find out the best format to use.

I am real only looking to backup the files, but i have read a little about also being able to play the file both on the PC and a standalon DVD Player and then there is media type also and long file names to consider.

I will test and learn and since there are only a few formats, i will only waste a few dollars to find the best.

Thanks anyways
    Quote Quote