VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Check out these stickers.
    First, I guess they don't want you to put it in a microwave:

Then, rewind it when you're done...

Quote Quote  
  2. Jeez - how many times does a DVD rotate during a film ? That spiral track is going to be one hell of a bugger to rewind !

Quote Quote  
  3. thats an interesting label

is the heat sensor on the dvd itself
    if it turns black some tippex will solve theproblem

if you were to attempt ripping a dvd without first copying the vobs to your hard drive i can see how the disk could get hot approx 6 hours spinning

on a side note
    if a rental dvd burns out your drive head does this mean you could make them pay for a new drive
    Quote Quote  
  4. Looks like you need to buy one of these

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's purpose is to keep you from leaving them in a car during the summer. A black car in the 'south' can hit 140 degrees F or higher with the windows shut on a sunny day. The heat can cause warping, and damage the bonds between carbonate layers.
    To Be, Or, Not To Be, That, Is The Gazorgan Plan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, you may have to put your DVD player in the freezer while watching movie.
    Quote Quote  
  7. So expect heat labels for dogs and ice cream in the not too distant future...

Quote Quote  
  8. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I saw one rental tape that had a sticker on it that said "If the tape is missing from the box please notify customer service". Think about it :P
    Quote Quote  
  9. I saw one rental tape that had a sticker on it that said "If the tape is missing from the box please notify customer service". Think about it
    Probably not alot of calls on that one...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fmctm1sw
    Then, rewind it when you're done...
    Just so everybody knows, the rewind sticker (and likely the other one) is an rfid tag for stores with alarm systems/gates at the front door. I spent many years working in video stores, and you can get alarm tag versions of just about every sticker you can imagine. Most stores buy those stickers by the thousands and their choice was buy all-new stickers or just put rewind tags on the dvd inventory. We never worried about the wierdness because it was obvious that nobody ever read them anyway. After the girl left a brand new movie in the ashtray outside our store because she thought it was our drop box, we pretty much gave up on the public.

Seriously.

Ashtray.

No kidding.

Fight spammers ghetto kung-fu style! Join the Unsolicited Commandos! or the Spam Vampires!
    Quote Quote