VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have been looking for a TV monitor (up to 29") to simultaneously work on the PC and watch TV using PiP, but I could not find one that I really like. I then though of a 32" FHD TV, but the picture quality (pixel size) worried me. I am now looking for a 4K TV up to 43", but I am not sure if this is really a good idea (space shortage, sitting in a short distance for long hours etc). I did some research and one recommended model (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitor) is Sony KD43X720E, which I can not find. Any opinions and suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kyrcy View Post
    I have been looking for a TV monitor (up to 29") to simultaneously work on the PC and watch TV using PiP, but I could not find one that I really like. I then though of a 32" FHD TV, but the picture quality (pixel size) worried me. I am now looking for a 4K TV up to 43", but I am not sure if this is really a good idea (space shortage, sitting in a short distance for long hours etc). I did some research and one recommended model (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitor) is Sony KD43X720E, which I can not find. Any opinions and suggestions?
    The Sony KD43X720E may be a model specifically for the N. American market. I looked at Sony's UK website and there was a similar European model, which might be listed as KD-43XE7002, KD-43XE7003, or KD-43XE7073. The US model runs Android and apps come from the Google Play store. The European version apparently runs Linux, uses Opera as its browser, and its apps are found at the Opera App Store.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The Sony KD43X720E may be a model specifically for the N. American market. I looked at Sony's UK website and there was a similar European model, which might be listed as KD-43XE7002, KD-43XE7003, or KD-43XE7073. The US model runs Android and apps come from the Google Play store. The European version apparently runs Linux, uses Opera as its browser, and its apps are found at the Opera App Store.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Could these be similar in hardware when they are so different in software? I am not sure if I could verify this easily with Sony. I should probably look for exact models from other manufacturers that I can buy locally.
    Last edited by kyrcy; 8th Jun 2018 at 13:30.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kyrcy View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Could these be similar in hardware when they are so different in software? I am not sure if I could verify this easily with Sony. I should probably look for exact models from other manufacturers that I can buy locally.
    I was incorrect when I wrote that the KD43X720E runs Android in my previous post. Maybe I clicked on the wrong link by mistake and looked at the specs for a more expensive Sony TV which uses Android as its OS.

I went to Sony's US website again to check the KD43X720E's specs against those for the UK models, and according to Sony, the KD43X720E runs Linux and uses Opera like the others. So, it seems very similar to the others, with the main differences being those related to the differences in the TV broadcast systems. The KD43X720E was the least expensive 43" 4K HDR TV listed on Sony's US website. Any inexpensive 43" 2017 Sony 4K HDR TV with "KD-43XE70" in the model number is likely to be very similar to the N. American version.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote