VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm hunting for a (preferably small rather than huge bloatware, but at this point I'll take what I can get) a windows program that I can load a video, use the scrubber (and/or directly entering in the timecode in a text field) to go to the specific times in the video, mark it as a chapter, enter the chapter title, etc., and when I'm finally all done creating chapters, be able to export that list of timecodes and titles to a file that MKVToolNix recognizes as a chapter file and can import it.

Ultimately, the goal is simply to visually be able to create my chapters and then add them to the video using ToolNix.

I've had the WORST time trying to find what seemingly would be out there already. Almost all chapter editors, including the built-in one in ToolNix only let you manually enter timecodes and titles without being able to actually SEE where they are within the video file, so you have to use some other video video player, and bounce back and forth between that and (i.e. ToolNix) memorizing the timecode each time, which is cumbersome. I actually cringe when I think "man, I need to add some chapters to this video, but I have to do that annoying 'chapter dance between apps'", and that already starts me out in a cranky mood. Often ending up just procrastinating eternally.

The closest I've come is the old VideoReDo, but the 'mark & chapter export to .txt' only adds the timecodes to the txt file in a format ToolNix doesn't recognize, so ultimately not useful to me for this.

TL;DR

I'm looking for a visual chapter editor for my videos.

Does anyone know?

TIA!
    Last edited by NukeyDoo; 29th Feb 2024 at 17:30.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by NukeyDoo View Post
    I had a similar request recently and was not able to find one!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by mibo View Post
    Originally Posted by NukeyDoo View Post
    I had a similar request recently and was not able to find one!
    It's actually really surprising to me. It seems like SUCH a basic, commonly wanted thing. lol
    Quote Quote