VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, my camera records sound. Pretty low it is on the video. Then, when I turn up the volume, I get a lot of noise from the camera as well.
    This is from my project:
    [Attachment 48738 - Click to enlarge]

the spikes are bird song, the bottom constant level is noise from the camera (a lot!).
    I figured there had to be a way to 'cut it off' (the lower part) so to speak, and only hear the spikes over a certain level.
    So searched and found some video telling me to use audio effect, filter, gate. Doing that then...
    Only, I'm not understanding any of the settings:
    [Attachment 48739 - Click to enlarge]

As soon as I added this 'gate' all sound was gone. I kept turning the threshold down, until it was zero, and still no sound at all.
    I just have no idea what to do with the rest. I did read the extensive description on VSDC's site, but understood none of it.
    Anybody here who can offer some guidance?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    IT looks as if you have some good periods where it is just noise alone. You should be able
    to get a good noise print and then use noise reduction.
    If the program doesn't offer it, use Audacity, a free sound editor
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Audacity, but only ever used it for sound files. I would have to 'detacht' the audio to separate file, edit in Audacity, and put it back? Audacity doesn't handle mp4 does it?
    Nah, tried, it won't.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I'll have a look at that, thanks.
    Quote Quote