Hey everyone, so I realize this might be a bit of an odd question, but here's what I'm dealing with: I have an old Final Cut Pro 7 project file (several actually, but this issue only applies to this particular project,) that I don't want to lose access to in the future. Apple has completely abandoned FCP7, and current versions of macOS do not support the software anymore. As a result, I'm converting all of my FCP7 projects into Premiere Pro (and quite likely DaVinci Resolve) projects in an effort to ensure that I can continue to access them as needed. My process has been to create an XML file in FCP7, and to then import the XML into Premiere Pro, relink the media in Premiere Pro, and adjust any material that didn't translate properly as needed, using a previously completed video as a reference point.

When this video was initially created, the ripple dissolve effect was used pretty heavily for transitions, but Premiere Pro does not have a similar built-in transition, so every one of these has been replaced with a generic cross-dissolve. I want to recreate the ripple dissolve effect and dump the generic cross-dissolve. Does anyone know how to do this? The old preset sort of looked like what would happen if you threw a stone into a pond and watched the water ripple outward. The closest thing I've found are tutorials for a "spin" transition effect, (which FCPX has as a built-in preset, but Premiere Pro doesn't,) but this isn't quite the same as what I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you all in advance for your time. Also, if you know how to do this in DaVinci Resolve as well, please let me know as I'm sure I'll have this question again when I create a DRP file from my XML as well.