VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if the following software exists? If not, I am willing to commission someone to write it.

I am looking for two pieces of software which can do the following:

The first of the two pieces of software would work with any DVB recorder (USB or PCI) from Hauppauge. In order to start it, the user would specify, via a command line, a single multiplex or a list of multiplexes which can be any of the following types: DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-C, DVB-C2, DVB-S or DVB-S2. Also, via the command line, the user would have to specify a destination directory or list of directories (each on a different drive partition). The maximum number of multiplexes which can be specified would be the total number of tuners in all DVB recorders plugged into the computer.

Once started, the software would run 24/7, continuously recording all of the data from the specified multiplex(es) to the first specified directory. It would save the data as files which are each five minutes long, taking care to ensure that there is no missing data between consecutive files.

When the drive partition containing the first specified directory is full, the next file would be stored in the second specified directory and so on. When the last specified directory is full, the first data files would be deleted to make room for new files. This means that the data would effectively be recorded as if it was on a closed loop of tape.

The second piece of software would require the user to specify, via a command line, a TV channel from the previously specified multiplex(es), a start time and date and a duration. The start time and date and duration would have to be divisable by five minutes. The software would then scan the data files and extract a complete video file with the criteria specified by the user.

I would be very grateful to anyone who can help me with this or who can point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TSReader Professional ($399) provides at least some of the features you want. See the version comparison chart on TSReader's product page at http://www.coolstf.com/ You could discuss your needs with the developers via email before you buy.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    TSReader Professional ($399) provides at least some of the features you want. See the version comparison chart on TSReader's product page at http://www.coolstf.com/ You could discuss your needs with the developers via email before you buy.
    Hi usually_quiet

Thank you very much for your reply.

Kind regards

Tim
    Quote Quote