Hello
    i have this capture of an old vhs tape
    in first minute the image is good like this

[Attachment 62975 - Click to enlarge]

but after start to move up and down like this

[Attachment 62978 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 62979 - Click to enlarge]

so any way to try move frames to up and down for let horizontal line down
    i know use vegas, premiere and davinci, but dont know what plugin use for make this

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Looks like it was captured with a miss aligned VCR or the tape is severely damaged, It is better to try to recapture it with better VCR and a frame TBC, There is not much a software can do here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    no i don't have vhs tape, only capture video file
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can put two instances of the video into your NLE, move one instance down and the other up, and then composite them back together. The problem, however, is that there is missing video in the center of the picture. You can easily see this in the second shot (the male head shot). You can see his collar at the top of the picture. Now, imagine that you paste that top portion onto the bottom portion. You can see that a good portion of his chin and neck are nowhere to be found. If it were only a few pixels, you might get away with it, but it looks like dozens of scan lines are gone.

Nothing you can do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    yes i know it, a line of video is lose
    but what mean NLE that you said
    Quote Quote  
  6. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Maybe if you identify the show we can help you find it on other media or similar VHS copy. This is not recoverable, Just cut your losses and move on.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by langeloso View Post
    yes i know it, a line of video is lose
    but what mean NLE that you said
    NLE means Non-Linear Editor. It is a video editing program. Examples of NLEs include Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Vegas, etc.

You will lose a LOT more than one single line of video. It looks to me like it will be close to 20 lines (assuming standard definition NTSC video). Also, you will have to move the cut line as the video rolls. It is possible with AVISynth to track this rolling, but it is difficult. Here is a post I made many years ago where, with some help, I figured out how to track bars which are much more difficult to track than what you will have to do:

Bad 1950s Kinescope - Hopeless?

This is the result of tracking and then removing those noise bars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx26T6WOZ_4

Just to be clear, this is NOT the same problem you are trying to solve but, if you really want to proceed with what I described in my previous post, you will have to track the horizontal black bar, and the techniques I developed in the post I linked to above will show you how it can be done.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    thanks
    but where i should use the code in there
    for example for file

sky.mp4
    what should i do
    Quote Quote