VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK.... I HAD TO TAKE A 30 MIN B4 I FINALLY CALM DOWN!!!!!!! Well i bought a bose 3.2.1 system some months ago..... and got pissed when i found out it didnt play vcd's unless u had the menu up (which i think its really a glitch) so since it wouldnt play that..... so i finallly got my new dvd recorder so i can finally just put my movies on dvd....... NOW..... u would think bose (highly recommended by many for audio and home enterainment) wouldnt have any fuckin problem playin some recorded dvd movies..... WELL GUESS DA **** WHAT..... i tried a pioneer dvd-rw and a verbatim dvd-r (which played on my ps2 wit no problem) and it didnt even acknowlege either one of them.... it just try to read it for a while and them shut off..... WHAT THE **** IS THIS..... SO B4 I WRITE THEM AND SCEAM ON THEM AND TELL THEM ABOUT THEIR SHITTY PRODUCTS I JUST HAD TO GET SOME MORE FRUTRATIOIN OUT...... and is there anyway i can fix this besides tryin other brands to see if it will workin in the system???!!!!!?!?!?!? **** IF IT PLAYS IN PS2 SENSITIVE ASS THEN IT SHOULD PLAY IN ANYTHING ......
    Quote Quote  
  2. A word of warning about drug interaction between Xanax and birth control pills. While the Xanax will not affect the BC pills, the BC pills may boost the effect of the Xanax, possibly making you a bit unstable, so consult with your physician and cut your Xanax dosage, and everything will tilt back to normal.
    As Churchill famously predicted when Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in his time: "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
    Quote Quote  
  3. WELL THANK U FOR YOUR CONCERN..... DO ANYONE HAVE A BETTER ANSWER THAT CAN ACTUALLY HELP ME.......... THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  4. The consensus on the audio and home theatre forums is that Bose is crap equipment. If you look at the Bose product spect it doesn't say it will play DVD-Rs, only CD-Rs. Check your owners manual in the front.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you.

ALan
    Quote Quote  
  5. 1st of all Bose speakers blows the shit out of any those other craps oy there, even though JBL Comes very Close.

FYI, a year ago when I started up grading equipment I had a idea that someday I would go with a DVD Recording system like my Panasonic DMR E-20 and DMR E-10, so I purchased equipment I found out or sampled DVD, VCD and SVCD media to make sure I could use this in the future, or bought equipment with upgradable bios.
    I do not know the kind or type of DVD player you have but you might want to do a little research on the net to see if anyone has upgraded that DVD player to play DVD-R's.
    My Daewoo 5800 would not even see the DVD-R's went out got me a BIOs patch, 30 seconds later I can play any DVD-R I throw at it.
    Finally if needed I have some Valuim I could throw your way,
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mirror_Image you should have told him to take a Xanax because they calm you down not speed you up. Xanax are tranquilizers so if he was on Xanax I don't think he would care about anything but food and sleep. I get hungry when I take them and I can't remember a thing when I wake up the next morning.
    Quote Quote  
  7. thxkid, where can i get a patch for my 3.2.1 system ????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you update the firmware to the May 2002 or the Dec 2002 levels? Other reported DVD-R OK and the power down problme is corrected with these too! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bose321/
    The file section has downloads....
    Quote Quote  
  9. How does Onkyo do against Bose?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Don't buy BOSE. This stuff is so over-priced its not even funny.

You bought that 321 system for 900 to 1000. See if you can sell it for 500 to 600.

Then go buy a nice, real homtheater in a box. I bought a Pioneer system with an A/V system (DD, DTS and DPL2), 5 sat speakers & 1 sub and a 5 disc DVD/VCD/SVCD/MP3 player for 499.00 at Sears. Is it the paradigm of high-end? No, but it will do everything that you need for a great price. Your problem is that Bose will not play home-made media. The Pioneer DVD player can play any format on any brand media.

I don't want to come off sounding like a prick; but like many, you got hosed on the Bose marketing. Granted Bose make nice looking, nice sounding systems that are very easy to set-up and use. (i.e. it passes the wife factor) But the price they charge for their systems just doesn't make up for the lack of features.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi,

first please excuse my English - I am from Germany but I think I can help some people with their Panasonic - Bose Problems.

In my opinion the negative postings about the Bose-Products may be a little bit too frustrated and it is not fair against Bose.
    It is a fact that Panasonic DVD-Recorders uses not exactly the Standards for DVD-Roms - about 25% of all DVD-Players have problems with the DVD-Rs

However, Bose has worked on that problem to support useres so that they will be able to play the Panasonic-Recorded DVD-Rīs.

I have had the same problems with my DVD-Rs (Playtime about 30-90 Sec and freezing the screen).

Right now the Bose 321 plays every own DVD-Rī which I have recorded with the Panasonic DMR-E20 as well as recorded DVDs from the HS-2.
    Also up to now every other DVD-R or DVD+R has been played well.

Why? All this is only working with the newest Software Update from Bose (Ver. 01.03.08), issue date 2003. This DVD has a BLACK Label with Headline Update Version 01.03.08 Bose 2003. Please note that the Updates you got usually from the dealer are NOT working with the DVD-Rs recorded from Panasonic. The dealers update DVD has a SILVER label and an issue date of December 2002.

I got the black Update DVD from the German Bose Headwuarters after I had discussed my problems about the Panasonic Recordings.The problem was well known and after 1 day I got the Software patch which fixed all my problems.

Hoping this helps a bit
    Greetings across the Atlantic

Klaus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Optical
    How does Onkyo do against Bose?
    No contest - Onkyo makes a good product - Excellent value for money.

Bose is overpriced and living of its name (for most products) The wave radio is nice .
    Its (BOSE) speakers are overrated.

][
    Quote Quote