VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by khafan11 View Post
    how can i change this ? i want when i click apply fullscreen , like push Enter on keyboard

default and BlackSpace_en Skin

http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=3496429935.png http://www.fastpic.jp/images.php?file=2158471914.jpg
    Use "enter" like everyone else... Or use a different skin. Like the default skin. (Or other skins you may find on the internet.)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    Originally Posted by hanegnois View Post
    I'm normally using a 1.5.x version from december 2013 and I just tried the newest release and beta versions - both have the same problem - they take like 10seconds to start the program.
    Anyone else having that problem or knows how to fix it? It's completely unusable.
    It worked for some days, now after a PC restart I have the same problem again. I uninstalled the 1.6 and reset all settings then installed the newest beta and it takes like 10s to load.
    Nobody an idea why this might happen? It's so frustrating :/
    I noticed that 1.6.x now uses a Digital Signature in DesktopHook.dll. If your Firewall rules are especially strict then it can cause PP to freeze for quite some time while Windows tries to verify the certificate. As an experiment you could try temporarily renaming the dll.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    When switching from "Built-in" to "LAV"-Splitter, (while MKV-playback)-
    the first entry in the filter list I'd like to ask about:

[Used Filter List]
    (1) File Source (Async.)
    (2) LAV Splitter
    (3) LAV Video Decoder
    (4) Enhanced Video Renderer(Custom Present)
    (5) Built-in Audio Codec/Transform
    (6) AMD HDMI Output (2- AMD High De

(my setup: W7 64-bit, i3 Dual, ATI 5400, using DXVA2,
    Built-in Video processing disabled, no additional codecs/ReClock etc. installed
    )

Actually not an "issue" here, both LAV and Built-in work just fine.
    Just curious about that:

(1) File Source (Async.)

Thanks for any input on this ..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    When switching from "Built-in" to "LAV"-Splitter, (while MKV-playback)-
    the first entry in the filter list I'd like to ask about:

[Used Filter List]
    (1) File Source (Async.)
    (2) LAV Splitter
    (3) LAV Video Decoder
    (4) Enhanced Video Renderer(Custom Present)
    (5) Built-in Audio Codec/Transform
    (6) AMD HDMI Output (2- AMD High De

(my setup: W7 64-bit, i3 Dual, ATI 5400, using DXVA2,
    Built-in Video processing disabled, no additional codecs/ReClock etc. installed
    )

Actually not an "issue" here, both LAV and Built-in work just fine.
    Just curious about that:

(1) File Source (Async.)

Thanks for any input on this ..
    It's some sort of filter that actually reads the file from the disk that I think comes with windows. Use "LAV Splitter Source" to read it directly with LAV.
    Last edited by mzso; 17th Jul 2014 at 06:47.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the quick response!
    OK, something windows-implemented might explain it does not show up in graphstudio, as well.
    I tried LAV Source as you suggested and it worked, thanks a bunch!

BTW, is it regularly reporting: "Async.", same at your end?
    (playback file is @ 23,976 fps, via HDMI to a 60Hz,
    occasional micro-judders occur, which I suppose to be regular/ inevitable ..)
    Quote Quote  
  6. BTW, is it regularly reporting: "Async.", same at your end?
    What do you mean by that?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    BTW, is it regularly reporting: "Async.", same at your end?
    (playback file is @ 23,976 fps, via HDMI to a 60Hz,
    occasional micro-judders occur, which I suppose to be regular/ inevitable ..)
    Reporting? It always show that doesn't it? Isn't that just the filter's name? Anyway I'm always using the LAV source nowadays so I wouldn't know.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I sort of misunderstood that "(Async.)" was part of the name, my bad.
    All clear now, I'll stick to LAV source as well, from now on.

@mzso and other LAV-Users: Do you use LAV audio/video decoder too, for all supported formats?
    I currently use PP's Built-in video decoder for corrupted/damaged container files only,
    seems to process them slightly faster.
    Also, for DVD-playback I currently cant use LAV-Video-decoder, version 0.62 crashes PP when opening DVD.
    (version 0.61 did work though, afaik)

Thanks again for the head ups.
    Last edited by tuco76; 17th Jul 2014 at 09:01.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Does anyone know what's this?
    Code:
    CMD_WDM_AUDIO_TYPE_MESSAGE
    Is it similar to
    Code:
    CMD_AUDIO_CODEC_TYPE_MESSAGE
    ?
    If yes, how can I use it?

Originally Posted by tuco76 View Post
    @mzso and other LAV-Users: Do you use LAV audio/video decoder too, for all supported formats?
    Mostly. But remember to try changing splitters/decoders if something's wrong.
    I have issues with some mkv files where the video would hang for a while after jumping/seeking.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I just downloaded the program. Tried using "Potplayer->Open...->Blu-Ray" to watch a blu-ray, Pandorum. I get the error "Can't open the media file. The file exists, but it doesn't seem to contain any video." Any help?
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kurtvogner View Post
    I just downloaded the program. Tried using "Potplayer->Open...->Blu-Ray" to watch a blu-ray, Pandorum. I get the error "Can't open the media file. The file exists, but it doesn't seem to contain any video." Any help?
    It doesn't support blu-rays directly. You must either rip them to your hdd or use a background blu-ray ripper like anydvd.
    Quote Quote  
  12. "*Added an option to don't get focus when started with a file (F5 > General)"
    This is a cool option. Helps when one opens multiple unrelated files. But even better that you finally disable the clearing of the playlist. Prevents a lot of frustrating accidents.

Anyone knows what "Remember played position" does in the playlist settings. The player doesn't remember which file was selected if I enable it. There's a similar "Remember playback position" in the mains setting which stores the position where I stopped playback for each file. But what an earth does this do?
    Quote Quote  
  13. The option only works within newly created playlists (album). It does not remember played position of the files in default playlist.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    The option only works within newly created playlists (album). It does not remember played position of the files in default playlist.
    I see. I seem to remember now. It stores the position in the playlist file, right?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Probably. I did not look into it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Anyone has any idea why the General info osd is appearing with madvr-s format instead of the potplayer format? I don't like the grey madvr style text.
    Is it a bug or a feature?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Feature of Madvr
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by sammy66 View Post
    Anyone has any idea why the General info osd is appearing with madvr-s format instead of the potplayer format? I don't like the grey madvr style text.
    Is it a bug or a feature?
    Because the potplayer dev chose to use that in fullscreen mode with madvr, instead of potplayer's own. I don't like it either.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Well, it's on the page that it was created yesterday so it is new. The bigger question is: Is it official?
    (It also links to an english language (though pretty basic) homepage)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now PotPlayer supports playing videos from youtube by pasting the links in it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Havokdan View Post
    Now PotPlayer supports playing videos from youtube by pasting the links in it.
    Unfortunately, because of lack of support for newer technologies it means 720p at most, or 360p (no 480p either).
    Quote Quote  
  22. Friends -

I encounter the strangest problem (this is a first, it never happend before).
    I presently use v1.6.47445. But when I try to install the latest versions (v1.6.48576 or v1.6.49177) all menu items etc turn into Korean.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much in advance!

Uodate:
    I found the culprit. Under 'General Settings, Language' I had used "English, built-in". When changing this to "Auto Select", Potplayer comes on in English. Still strange that "English built-in" turns into Korean just like that
    Last edited by mh505; 1st Aug 2014 at 10:20.
    Quote Quote  
  23. thank you seppaul; noted
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by mh505 View Post
    I found the culprit. Under 'General Settings, Language' I had used "English, built-in". When changing this to "Auto Select", Potplayer comes on in English. Still strange that "English built-in" turns into Korean just like that
    The translation seems not correct. As it is a product based upon Korean, it should be "Korean, Built-in" and now you confirm it.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Indeed; the latest version has replaced it with "Built-in (Korean)" now.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know if there are any other file icons for PotPlayer.

The present ones are fairly boring...Mostly all blue with writing that's hard to read...Except .mp4 is a doozy..just a bigger plain blue arrow..

A bit of variety would be nice!

I think there were different ones in earlier versions? and that they are all in the one file (PotIcons64.dll)?

(I'm using the lateness 64 bit stable now)
    Last edited by chris2u; 5th Aug 2014 at 11:59.
    Quote Quote  
  27. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I think you could use mpciconlib.DLL instead of Poticons.DLL

I've just looked at an old Poticons.dll, and all it contains is a bunch of blue and "fat" Ds with some small letters or arrows inside a white background
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    I've just looked at an old Poticons.dll, and all it contains is a bunch of blue and "fat" Ds with some small letters or arrows inside a white background
    Yes, both of them,old & new, dont look really sharp imo
    I really love foobar's icons, maybe one day we get sth. nicer

my setup:
    Code:
    [PotPlayer vs. 1.6.49479, running W-7 64-bit dual, with ATI HD 5400, using DXVA-native, via HDMI to 60hz monitor]
    Two questions:

Does anyone know if 64-bit support for madVR is planned on?
    Im searching for the best Renderer-setup, aiming at truest-to-source, smooth playback.

@El Heggunte:In that other thread you recommended Overlay mixer instead of EVR-Cust.
    That still valid, also for W-7? Itseems not much of a difference, but EVR-C looks slightly better in my first test.
    Or might I be better off installing 32-bit with madVR then?

Also:
    Anyone else noticed issues with cycling through the subs via Alt+L?
    It finds each sub once, then, instead of the sub.name it shows:
    Language: Text* Undetermined, no subtitles.
    When I navigate to the subs via menu then, its all normal there and works.
    Then again cycling via Alt-L, same thing happens again..:/

Thanks for your time, any input on this highly appreciated

EDIT: I found what setting had been changed itself and did the override for standard-flagged subs.. Its under:
    Subtitles->Subtitle Sync->Subtitle Lang./Sync/other settings.
    When updating to the last stable, PP set this German only]
    Last edited by tuco76; 13th Aug 2014 at 14:48. Reason: partially solved
    Quote Quote