VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I Got my Intensity Shuttle yesterday but I still does not work at all(followed their steps to update USB 3.0)
    Steps I have tried:
    1.Latest NEC 3.0 USB firmware + Driver
    2.Latest Intensity Shuttle driver from website.
    Whenever I plug it into the USB 3.0 port it says: "Unable to properly install your USB 3.0 device"
    under the device manager it sees as: "Uknown Device" your driver may not have been installed

Also tried pluggin into the USB 2.0 port to see what would happen and sure enough it recognizes as a "Intensity Shuttle"
    But the product doesn't work of the USB 2.0 port .

Also tried with disable UAC and windows compatabiliy option, run as Admin... as well.

Obviously something's not right, something with the intensity shuttle driver and usb 3.0 driver/firmware not liking each other.

Anyone got any ideas?

Systems Specs: Win7 pro 64 bit
    Rampage Extreme III with NEC Onboard USB 3.0 Controller
    Corei7 930
    WD Black Caviar Raid 0
    Quote Quote  
  2. My problem is the same! if you can contact us via skype ... my contact is: hard--core
    Quote Quote  
  3. This may be a long-shot but where exactly did you get your firmware/driver update(s)? The reason I ask is because when I went to the official site the firmware/driver update links where both for the driver update and not the firmware. I was forced to google the firmware update to get the correct file. Anyhoo, good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Got it figure out! it was a simple mistake I was overlooking... I was using WRONG Driver set.

The driver on the disk was the wrong for starters.(for Intensity PCI EXPRESS!)
    I downloaded the wrong set from the website as well which was a newer version of these WRONG drivers..(for Intensity PCI EXPRESS!)

Hardxeno easy fix for us download the correct USB 3.0 drivers version 7.7.1
    on the software section on the Blackmagic Design part of the website go to:

USB 3.0 Editing, Design and Paint 7.7.1 DRIVERS
    The USB 3.0 Desktop Video 7.7.1 drivers include support for Intensity Shuttle and UltraStudio Pro. Further information about the latest drivers is available in the individual Readme files for Windows.

Hope this help if anyone is having problems, as it turns out wrong drivers are the disk which is misleading.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you downloaded the Software and the firmware link was for the same software, there's a file in both 32 and 64 folders called FWupdater32.bat and FWUpdater64.bat, depending if your running 32 bit or 64 bit. Run ththe appropriate one and it will update the firmware. Hope this helps, Danny Hays
    Quote Quote