I'm trying to copy material from my DVR to my PC running Windows 10. Was able to do this for a number of years using an Asus PC with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro. Was able to capture to .avi with AmeRecTV using Lagarith. A few quick edits in Vegas Pro 17 and then authoring in TMPGEnc Authoring Works.

All of that worked fine until the PC completely died. I replaced it with an "upgrade", an i7 Dell. The Intensity Pro wouldn't work in the Dell so after a bit of research I got a Startech PEXHDCAP60L2 card. The only capture software I've been able to get to work is Stream Catcher downloaded from the Startech site. It only saves in h.264 MP4, which didn't seem that it should be a problem, but in Vegas I'm noticing a gradual drift of audio sync and a slight occasional jerkiness. Tried the fix suggested here with no success: https://steamcommunity.com/app/689790/discussions/0/1694920442946536734/

Any thoughts on what I need to do differently in capture setting, Vegas settings, etc.? Would I fare better with a different device? Given the previous success with the Intensity Pro I was considering trying an Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0. The PC DOES have USB 3.0 ports, but I'm hesitant due to the incompatibility of Dell and the Intensity Pro card. I understand that the requirements for getting an internal card to work might not necessarily apply to an external device, but am still hesitant. Even if it works it might not solve my problem.

Thanks in advance for any help. All suggestions appreciated.