VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anonymous34243
    NOTE: I am using Linux Mint Debian Edition 3.
    Hi, I am going absolutely crazy trying to work out this issue ! I have been using a DVB recorder in the UK for over half a year. I have only been recording the SD channels which have been saved in the file format .TSV. To remove adverts and cut the video files (without re-encoding) I have been using the programme called DVBcut. This programme accepts the .TSV format even though from what I've hear, most TV recordings are saved as .TS files. However I recently recorded an HD programme, as usual it saved as a .TSV file and it ran in VLC, but since DVBcut does not work with HD video I have been finding it difficult to find a programme to cut or split the files. My main aim is to split the file without re-encoding.

This some information on VLC which could be useful:

Stream 0
    Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)
    Video redolution: 1920x1080
    Fran rate:25
    Stream 1
    Codec: LATM
    Channels: 3F2R/LFE
    Stream 2
    Codec: LATM
    (No information on the channels)
    Stream 3
    Codec: DVB Subtitles (dvbs)

I tried using Avidemux to remux the file, but this removed the second audio stream and the subtitles (it also took a long time). I have also tried multiple other softwares (including some Windows programs), but due to the file being in the .TSV format, I cannot get any of the programmes to properly recognise it.

Please, if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try to open it in TSMuxer, and if it works then remux to standard transport stream.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Anonymous34243
    I had to use a windows computer (because my linux laptop was playing up). It did not show up in the supported media files, so I chose 'all files' in the window. It came up with the error message "Can't detect stream type." I also tried renaming the file, but renaming it as TS created another error message (with no text) and renaming MP4 did not create an error message, but neither did it load or do anything.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideoHelp2004 View Post
    I had to use a windows computer (because my linux laptop was playing up). It did not show up in the supported media files, so I chose 'all files' in the window. It came up with the error message "Can't detect stream type." I also tried renaming the file, but renaming it as TS created another error message (with no text) and renaming MP4 did not create an error message, but neither did it load or do anything.
    try Cinelerra - https://itsfoss.com/best-video-editing-software-linux/
    it works on HD videos and it's for linux
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  6. Anonymous34243
    Thank you for all your replies. After searching some more online (and using trial and error), I have found that I can remux the files using ffmpeg, and specify the video into different sections by stating the start and end time.

ffmpeg -i Input.TSV -ss 00:00:00 -to 00:25:00 -c copy Part1.ts
    #In this example the first 25 minutes of the video.

This seems to be the only combination that doesn't result in an error, but this still does not copy the DVB subtitle file (I tried different combinations for around 30 minutes before giving up). But at least this cuts the files very quickly and efficiently (15-20 seconds).

Thank you again for your help
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've never had to deal with DVB subtitles when converting from one format to another using ffmpeg but may this discussion can be helpful for you: https://askubuntu.com/questions/214199/how-do-i-add-and-or-keep-subtitles-when-converting-video
    Quote Quote  
  8. Anonymous34243
    Thank you! I don't think I saw that forum when searching BUT I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO DO IT

By looking at the streams:
    Stream #0:0[0xc9]: Video: h264 (High) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p(tv, bt709, progressive), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0xca](eng): Audio: aac_latm (LC) ([17][0][0][0] / 0x0011), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp
    Stream #0:2[0xce](eng): Unknown: none ([17][0][0][0] / 0x0011) (visual impaired)
    Stream #0:3[0xcd](eng): Subtitle: dvb_subtitle ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006)
    And seperately saying which stream I wanted using "-map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:3", it WORKED!!!

Example:
    ffmpeg -i Input.TSV -ss 00:36:51 -to 00:46:40 -c copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:3 PartX.ts

Thank you SO much (I have literally been trying to do this for 5 DAYS)
    Quote Quote  
  9. cool, good to know that it works
    Quote Quote  
  10. ffmpeg -i Input.TSV -ss 00:36:51 -to 00:46:40 -map 0 -c copy PartX.ts copys all streams
    Quote Quote  
  11. Anonymous34243
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    ffmpeg -i Input.TSV -ss 00:36:51 -to 00:46:40 -map 0 -c copy PartX.ts copys all streams
    Thanks for the reply. I did originally try this version with '-map 0' in order to copy all the streams, but ffmpeg REALLY did not like stream 0:2 and crashed whenever I tried to copy it. I checked the stream and it turned out it was empty anyway, but I'll be sure to use the '-map 0' function if there is more than one audio stream I need to copy
    Quote Quote