VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking to record video that is being sent to a TV via ethernet.

I occasionally work for a few weeks on ships and several have the TV signal transmitted to the rooms over ethernet; the cable attaches at the LAN port on the back of the TV. I’d like to do a little time-shifting of certain shows that are on when I’m not in my room (that I can watch at my leisure time). I have equipment to capture video over HDMI/component/coaxial so I’m hoping there is a simple way to convert the signal to something like HDMI. BTW, using on-demand streaming is not really an option.

Some of the ships use HDMI or coaxial to transmit the same TV signal and I’m able to record using my current equipment just fine. Considering this, I’m pretty certain DRM is not a concern. Besides, it’s just regular TV programmes and news anyway.

On the last assignment, the TV in the room was a Samsung HG28NE690AF and was identified as a “Hospitality TV.” From Samsung’s website, these TVs are equipped with LYNK REACH that allow for the management of hospitality displays. So, I’m not sure what I am wanting to do is going to be possible but I thought I’d ask here anyway.

Suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try a DLNA client or an IP TV client.
    Quote Quote