VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys!

I am new in the camcorder world (well.. I am new owning one because I have use some borrowed ones)

and id like to share experiences with this model in particular...

I needed a cheap and long zoom camcorder which gives me a good quality videos, my options were the Panasonic HC-V10, v100,v110,v200 v210 and Canon R300.
    I chose the Canon..

the quality of the video is great and mostly appreciable in macro and tele macro nature (Natgeo Wild like) videos.

the overall performance of the camera is great (despite the joke of Canon in sending it with a toy battery (25 minutes duration battery))
    but it gets very hot (as hot as a cellphone when long minutes talking with it)) and I get my hands sweaty...

id like to hear some opinions of anybody who has touched this camera or at least have heard something about the camera in general.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I manage to test myself the R series from the first to the third series (R16, R27 and R306), I have to say from the second series they are pretty good bargins at the price they are sold. However, interestingly I found the R16 and R27 to have better colors than the R306. The R306 recorded in a bit of greyish colours, seemed a bit to Panasonic, like Panasonic Sd80. This is a reason I never considered Panasonic as my favourite. From this aspect I liked the R16 the most, it had nice vivid colors, but that was very poor in low light. But anyway, I had positive experience with the HF R range.
    Quote Quote