VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi all friend, sorry about my bad english i serch the best solution for build a avchd on dvd-r type 5 or 9 from my camcorder sony hdv hc3.
    i wont use tsmuxer and tsremux with my video clip hdv format m2t is not recognized

give my a best solution for create avcd dvd-r wonderfull quality from my video clip hdv .

thanks a lot
    leone
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tsmuxer will work if you rename your files to .m2ts extension

Are you making Blu Ray on DVD media ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    LEONESVIZZERO -
    I have the HC7 camera and use Ulead's latest version of VideoStudio to convert my HDV footage to AVCHD and burn on a DVD9 to play on Bluray players. Works very well and allows you to create dynamic menus. You can try the demo on Ulead's website but I don't know if the demo is striped down or limited (except for the limit on number of days, of course).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    so menus can be made with the AVCHD method...interesting
    I was going to burn m2t without menus
    VS can't write HDV back to cam
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Correct me If I'm wrong, but won't Blu Ray support Mpeg2 Transport Streams as source files? If he's got HDV as source, then maybe the conversion to AVCHD isn't needed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. HI friends, i have make a little tutorial please see my file image STEP_CONVERSION.jpg
    i have follow this procedure the step number 5 is
    i am waiting your help.
    bye Leone
    Quote Quote  
  7. [quote="LEONESVIZZERO"]HI friends, i have make a little tutorial please see my file image STEP_CONVERSION.jpg
    i have follow this procedure the step number 5 is
    i am waiting your help.
    bye Leone

Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by TuxOmatic
    LEONESVIZZERO -
    I have the HC7 camera and use Ulead's latest version of VideoStudio to convert my HDV footage to AVCHD and burn on a DVD9 to play on Bluray players. Works very well and allows you to create dynamic menus. You can try the demo on Ulead's website but I don't know if the demo is striped down or limited (except for the limit on number of days, of course).

hi tuxomatic you use only video studio 11,5 for capture -editing - encoding - burning to avchd dvd 9 ???
    give my your setting parametries for best encoding to avchd format with video studio ???
    how minuts of video avchd on dvd9 for regolar video from your video hdv ???
    how minuts of video avchd on dvd9 if you build a slide shop photo ???

you have tested another sw authoring as dvdmovie factory 6 plus ???
    bye i am waiting your important information
    leone from italy
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Leone,

Change the M2T audio to AC3 before using TsRemux.

Use Avidemux and select 'Copy' for Video, 'AC3' for Audio, 'Mpeg-PS (A+V)' for Format and save.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes indeed you can do that straight forward just burn the MTS files (be sure you change the extension file as MPEG) using nero or whatever burner software you have (just change to UDF 2.5) and youll be able to play DVD disc with HD content on a bluray player. I have sony bdp-s1 and the files play flawlessly. If you need menus and authoring you will need DVDit pro.

best regards
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Same problem here, have HDV files from my HC3E and would like to convert to AVCHD to be able to put more data on the DVD than with the native 25MBPS MPEG-2 Codec.

I tried Nero vision but it does not produce good quality AVCHD files (HD CINE/720/5MBPS or HDTV/1080/11MBPS) with some noticeabe "strobinge (probably bad handling of interlacing).

Sounds like VideoStudio might be the way to go ? Not sure if TS Remux can do that ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by webvan
    Same problem here, have HDV files from my HC3E and would like to convert to AVCHD to be able to put more data on the DVD than with the native 25MBPS MPEG-2 Codec.
    MeGUI with the x264 blu-ray profiles will convert to blu-ray AVC for you.
    I tried Nero vision but it does not produce good quality AVCHD files (HD CINE/720/5MBPS or HDTV/1080/11MBPS) with some noticeabe "strobinge (probably bad handling of interlacing).
    I wouldn't entirely blame Nero here. AVCHD is not AVC blu-ray content - it's a "lesser form". It's a format developed so cameras can use it, and a differentiated consolation format in the event that Sony had lost the war to HD-DvD. I believe it will die now that BD is exclusive and tech will advance. But if you want "AVCHD", then I can upload MeGUI profiles for you, which were put together by Racer-X, a community member on this forum.
    Sounds like VideoStudio might be the way to go ?
    I hear that the AVC it produces is bad. But then again, I haven't tried it.
    Not sure if TS Remux can do that ?
    It will mux into a BD structure for you without loss. It will not however check for compliance or re-encode anything to another format for you.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the insight, that would be great if you could upload these profiles for MeGUI yes.

My main problem with the Nero produced AVC files was the "strobing" that I suspect come from bad handing of the original interlaced HDV content.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi again. Actually I don't have to upload them. You can check Racer-X's first post in this thread to get them.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic348693.html

Burned on a DvD, it will not play in all BD players (of course). But of all the BD players that have the "AVCHD" logo I have tested this on, all is well.
    My main problem with the Nero produced AVC files was the "strobing" that I suspect come from bad handing of the original interlaced HDV content.
    At least with MeGUI you can try different deinterlacing options that may have better results.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by PuzZLeR
    Hi again. Actually I don't have to upload them. You can check Racer-X's first post in this thread to get them.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic348693.html

Burned on a DvD, it will not play in all BD players (of course). But of all the BD players that have the "AVCHD" logo I have tested this on, all is well.
    In regards to the text above that I made bold ... did you try a PS3 by chance? Will it work on a PS3?

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi John.

I've made a friend through bribes :P at a certain electronics store chain who allows me to continually try my encodes on several BD players, but no I haven't done any testing with PS3. I certainly don't see why it shouldn't play it though since it accepts AVCHD, and it's the ultimate multi-media machine today.

And that's why I avoided doing tests on the PS3 to be honest. The fact that something plays on a PS3 may lead to a false sense of security about overall compatibility among BD players.

But next time I'm there I can run a test for you if you like.

PS: If anyone's interested, the LG line of stand-alone BD players have been the most impressive. They seem to play almost anything, even the wrong specs.
    Quote Quote