VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys !

I'm trying to make a DVD which includes 10 titlesets (VTS 1, VTS 2, one movie in each VTS) but, the problem is that, when I get the 10 titlesets ready, the program won't let me
    compile the dvd.. And I'm using DVDlab PRO 2.52.

If someone could help me with this, I would be grateful
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Been a long time since I used this but....

1. I assume you set up the project for multiple titlesets. That has to be done before you load any assets.
    2. Just how long would the running order/disk size for these 10 movies be ?. DVDLABPRO does not do any encoding as such so if the total running time/disk size is exceeded it will fail
    3. I recall seeing a progress log. That should also be recorded somewhere. Will help if you can locate and upload that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Been a long time since I used this but....

1. I assume you set up the project for multiple titlesets. That has to be done before you load any assets.
    2. Just how long would the running order/disk size for these 10 movies be ?. DVDLABPRO does not do any encoding as such so if the total running time/disk size is exceeded it will fail
    3. I recall seeing a progress log. That should also be recorded somewhere. Will help if you can locate and upload that.
    The length of the every movie is 22 mins I'll look a bit later today if I can locate the progress log, so that I can upload it here
    And yes, I selected the "Advanced Movie, VMG) choice

And all of the titles are about 407-409 mb, so these will fit on the DVD disc
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. But I would not have done it this way.

Much simpler to have a single titleset. You can still have separate videos and even a playlist. That is what I did many years ago when I used the prog. That had quite a few albeit small clips and I even created a juke-box selection menu
    Quote Quote  
  5. I remember that DVD Lab only admits 7 or 8 vts
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    I remember that DVD Lab only admits 7 or 8 vts

It compiled my movie with 7 VTSs, so I think that it can't handle any more VTSs then, I mean that limit
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would have thought that the prog, being practically pro, would follow the dvd spec and allow VTS up to the permitted no of 99 (even tho I have never seen an authored dvd with that number)

If it allows you to create a VTS beyond 7 or 8 which seems to be a somewhat random number........

The log could still be useful.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    I would have thought that the prog, being practically pro, would follow the dvd spec and allow VTS up to the permitted no of 99 (even tho I have never seen an authored dvd with that number)

If it allows you to create a VTS beyond 7 or 8 which seems to be a somewhat random number........

The log could still be useful.
    [Attachment 45147 - Click to enlarge]
    the program is doing that and after that when I've clicked OK the program don't do anything... It says "Creating Menus". but it doesn't create these,
    it freezes after that when I've clicked OK button
    Quote Quote  
  9. It looks like it is what is says, it does not have enough room. The message is pretty straight forward.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    It looks like it is what is says, it does not have enough room. The message is pretty straight forward.
    I have 32 GB of RAM memory and 3 TB + 640 GB + 128 GB SSD on my computer
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by dvdmaster1 View Post
    I have 32 GB of RAM memory and 3 TB + 640 GB + 128 GB SSD on my computer
    What is that G disk?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    More so.

If you have all that disk space why are you writing to a drive with < 10 gig free ?. And both the temp folder and the final output folder on the same volume.
    Quote Quote  
  13. In order for DVD-Lab to run on my win 8.1 machine. I had to disable DEP (data execution prevention) for DVD-lab in the windows system setting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One other thing.

You might have 32 gb of ram but DVDLAB Pro is a 32 bit prog. It will only see 10% of that.

That progress log could still be useful
    Quote Quote  
  15. Is DVDLAB Pro updated

if compiling shows 'out of memory' remove a vts and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    Is DVDLAB Pro updated

if compiling shows 'out of memory' remove a vts and try again.
    I'm using the latest version of the DVDLAB Pro, 2.52
    Quote Quote