VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Rendering a FHD (1920x10809) project with an original CD quality music track produces audible artifacts in the AAC sound track when using Video studio X7 or Video studio 2019.
    The result is additional noise, modulated by the original sound. Since the effect is not very prominent it may be accepted by many users but it is not tolerable for critical work. The effect has been verified on 3 different PCs (Win7/32 bit, Win10/64bit) with both CVS versions and delivered results that are consitently faulty. It is most likely that ALL versions of Video studio suffer this error. All attempts to make Corel support track and resolve the problem failed.

Workaround: Render the project into *.m2t which shows no errors. However these files get approx. 60 % larger, or avoid CVS software.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It sounds like CVS just has a poor aac encoder. Try higher bitrates and see if it improves. Or try a different audio codec like AC3 at 256 kbps (for stereo) or higher.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After my call for help on Nov. 6 I had a lengthy conversation with Corel support by e-mail. Despite my clear statements about the nature and the conditions which lead to the error, the initial person in contact was too stupid to understand the problem. Eventually another person took over which seemed competent enough to track and understand the issue. However at the end it turned out that the problem, well focused by the Corel service person, is not worth any measures by Corel since the wast majority of customers is not bothered by the problem. The same defective coder is left and will stay so in the Corel SW. That is a way to make profit but not to satisfy customers and to gain a good reputation!

Thus I am at the same point as before, since I need a sound track that is 100 % OK. My workaround so far is to produce *.m2t – files which are flowless. Nevertheless at the end I want to produce *.mp4 – files with an AAC-soundtrack as this is more common and smaller in size. AAC obviously is the most common coding, since it is used in Satellite and terrestric DAB and understood by most Video players. Correct AAC coders, even at a low data rate have no audio artefacts that may be noticed by a critical listener.

My problem still left over is to find a free software package that simply does the conversion:

INPUT FILE: *.m2t ---> OUTPUT FILE: *.mp4 with the same data rate.

Any proposals welcome !
    Quote Quote