VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a load of DTS wav files, converted from ac3 which I originally intended to write to normal CDR and play in a DVD player.

Can I put them on a DVD instead of lots of CDR? I have looked at sonic dvd audio creator, which seems way to complicated for what I want to achieve. I dont want to add any video, just audio files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, you need some sort of video. At the very least, a slideshow. Unless you can find a DVD-Audio burning S/W. If you do find it, it'll be expensive.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x
    No, you need some sort of video. At the very least, a slideshow. Unless you can find a DVD-Audio burning S/W. If you do find it, it'll be expensive.
    Thats not true. You can author DVD-A with DVD Lab. You just drop in 24/96 sampled audio track, and bingo, DVD-A.

But this is coming in March, you may want to look inot this:

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/n...number=14090740

Jeff
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are you smoking, hiptune?

I use DVD-Lab and I have made DVD Music compilations with it. You cannot just drop in audio and burn. If you do, it won't work in any player. You have to either put the audio in menus or a slideshow.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Suppose the DVD player expects the audio and video to be in a certain place on the disk? Is that why you have to include some sort of video?
    So basically, you can create a section of video for each audio track you wish to include on the DVD, assuming it needs to be the same length as the audio track, and author it with any DVD package, including a menu for track selection?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try reading this guide that may be what you are looking for :

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/193049.php

Hope that helps .......
    Quote Quote  
  7. thx steptoe......just what I was after
    Quote Quote