VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys,

Before exposing my problem, I want to tell you that I'm frech, so my englosh is kinda bad. I want to apologize for that.

So there's the problem:

I'm a big Queen fan, and I wanted to restore many clips that are in crappy quality to make them look good ( no noise, and details ) but the problem with these videos is that they are not quite good from that start, here is an exemple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JcvJdSqae0

At the left you have the original clip, and at the right you have the restored clip.

I really want to know how to make it, it wiil help me to restore every old videos

Thanks for your help,

Valentin.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I do film restoration. Here is some of my work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBAHzO7rJS0

If you want to restore films that you download from YouTube, you may first need to do inverse telecine to recover the original 24 fps film from the 29.97 video version which has duplicate fields and/or frames added. Then, you use various tools to do the actual restoration. Here is a link to one of the various long threads about ways to do this, over in the doom9.org forum:

The power of Avisynth - restoring old 8mm films
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 22nd Jan 2020 at 11:20. Reason: Forum screws up link name that contains a colon
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by QueenFan2002 View Post
    I really want to know how to make it, it wiil help me to restore every old videos
    In his reply to a commentor asking how he did it, he replied "Avisynth + manual painting out when necessary."

Time for you to learn some AviSynth. In my opinion, he should also have removed the logo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have never used it myself but you could try something like this.
    https://www.dvdfab.cn/enlarger-ai.htm?af=Gt9IAxdrWKsvBqn1
    Quote Quote  
  5. first things first, you will have to capture in avi with a lossless codec (huffyuv, lagarith, UTvideo), if you don't do that forget post processing / color correction (don't expect great results at least)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Before exposing my problem, I want to tell you that I'm frech, so my englosh is kinda bad. I want to apologize for that.
    Bad spelling too, generally speaking ! é_è

I'm a big Queen fan, and I wanted to restore many clips that are in crappy quality to make them look good ( no noise, and details ) but the problem with these videos is that they are not quite good from that start, here is an exemple:
    What is the source of the videos you would like to improve ? VHS transfer ? DVD ? unknown ? And in what format are they currently in ? what bitrate ?
    If your goal is to turn doggie doo into gold,
    there's really no such thing in the video world.
    Once you get accustomed to that old golden rule,
    you are on the right track to stop being a fool.
    (Sorry, watched too much Mr. T these past few days. I'm starting to pity myself, that's not good. é_è)

@johnmeyer
    If you want to restore films that you download from YouTube...
    Seems like a bad idea to begin with... (As per the “golden rule” just above.) Unless the uploader accepts to provide the source video, before it was savagely recompressed by YouTube. Some YT videos must be in their 6th generation of re-compression by now...
    Quote Quote