VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I've been using -splitx run from a batch file to shorten mp4s - works fine, I state the number of seconds as 0:030 for example and I get a new file in my root folder name "video-file_0_30.mp4" that only 30 secs long .. exactly what I was after. I have even been able to incorporate this with wildcards so that it automatically splits every file in a folder.

What I would like to do now is change the folder the split files are saved to be other than my root.

This is the split code I'm using in my batch;

FOR /R %%v IN (*.mp4) DO "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Yamb\MP4Box.exe" -splitx 0:030 "%%v"

Does anyone know a way to change output folder in this code. I'd really appreciate any help.

Cheers

Scary
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Linux and root? That is a batch for windows....

But you can change the last %%v to the folder you want like, "c:\videos\%%v"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes sorry I guess I'm in the wrong forum but it's seems to be the only place mp4 batch code is discussed.
    Please direct me to a more appropriate forum if you know of one.
    Alternatively I will cease and desist if my participation is inappropriate.

Thank you so much for the suggestion ... you would think that would work but no.

I added a path before the "%%v" but when viewing the batch file running I can see that instead of placing the folder in the path, it adds the path "in front" of the path that the "%%v" creates when the batch runs.

ie "C:\videos\new-folder\C:\videos\fileneame.mp4" Maybe it's because of the windows 7 enviroment?

Anyhoo - any further help will be appreciated. Thanks

Scary
    Quote Quote