VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

What is the digital copy file that is included with the Rambo bluray disc? Is it an encrypted wmv file? Is it a normal dvd vob file with standard encryption? Is it a high def format? Is it a portable resolution like 320x240?

Are more movies going to include a "digital copy" file? I looked at the movie and it did not offer any details. I believe it was rambo.

Note - I am not really intersted in the movie itself. I am just interested in the file structure. I would also like to know if any other movies plan to offer "official" portable formats on the disc itself. I do have a bluray pc drive so I'd be able to access if it is useable beyond the pc.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BUMP!

Well I finally found some info on this online:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    http://24hoursnews.blogspot.com/2007/11/hollywood-launches-legal-digital.html

Fox says that its PC version of the Die Hard sequel is encoded at 1.6 megabits per second (taking up about 1.5GB of space), while the portable version runs at 768 kilobits per second (about 1GB of space). Warner says that its PC version of the latest Harry Potter movie averages about 1 mbps, while the portable version averages about 700 kbps.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds interesting. My only concern at the moment is I currently don't have an internet signal on my pc with the bluray drive. It looks like this available on some regular dvds as well. I am a little suprised at a portable file taking a 1gb of space. Fortunately i have the 30gb zune with 14gb free so that is not an immediate concern.

I just have to find a movie I like to buy and test it out. Another concern is it looks like Fox is playforsure only which unfortunately the ZUNE is not.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Pretty worthless if you ask me. Will FairUse4WM work on the files?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I imagine that is not available yet depending on the last upgrade of windows media player.

I wouldn't go out of my way for these "hand me down" portable videos but I like the effort the studios are finally starting to make for consumers. That saves disc space and conversion time if the quality is acceptable on the portable player.
    Quote Quote