VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I own this hd-dvd - harrypotter 1. This is for jagabo mostly. Here is a screen cap of the mkv file I had converted directly from the hddvd rip. I used ripbot264 to convert to a mkv file at 720p. I had target locked to under 8gb (7.02gb actual file size).

Here is a screen grab from the mkv rip:

[img]https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1996930/
    harrypotter1quiddichmkvrip720p[/img]

Here is the file detail from mediaplayerclassichomecinema:

I know this isn't a full 100% hddvd rip as you had requested. For that I would need to hook up my 360 hddvd drive back up to my pc and rerip for an hour and 30gb later to do a full screen shot at 1080p. However since I would be dubbing over at 720p on the hauppauge hd pvr that wouldn't be a true comparison anyway.

I am currently dubbing another program right now. It'll be done in a half hour or so. I'll do the hauppauge dub for the same shot shortly after that and post it.

EDIT - Well this is bizarre.

I finished the other recording I was doing. I got the component cable adpater hooked up to the xbox 360. I connected them to the component input on the hd pvr. I get audio since I also swapped my fiber optic cable. But I don't get any picture. I can't remember if I have to manually go into the xbox dashboard to preselect component out or not. Its been a little while since I've done this. However I would assume it would automatically detect what cable was being used. I usually use my vga cable (its connected directly to my tv).

This is odd....

EDit 2 - Well I can't figure this out. I've done it before. I've got the component cables hooked up right. I can here the clicking from menu to menu I just don't get any picture on the input in the capture program. I even set the xbox to output at 720p. I don't know whats up......

The only conceivable difference here is this week microsoft put out a dashboard update. You don't suppose they found a way to block the component output do you? I would think they'd have a major revolt from a sizeable portion of their userbase if they did that.....

Edit 3 - I've decided to call it quits for this experiment for now. I'll try again later sometime. Maybe next weekend.....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. did you resolve this issue?

if not, there is a HD/SD switch on the Xbox 360's video cable, but it is on the underside of the plug so it is easily forgotten
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @nokyard - nope haven't tried it again since. I do know about the hdtv/sd slider switch. There's a chance its stuck midway perhaps. I'll try it again later.

However in the meantime here is a sample of a dub I did complete with the hddvd drive and the hauppauge hd pvr - it is the first Michael Bay Transformers movie from 2007:

Here is the file info:

Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. ribbot264 is damn slow
    Quote Quote