VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all!

I'm trying to get a 10GB Bluray file onto my PS3, but I need to split the file into three parts to transfer it on a FAT32 storage device first. I don't have a cross-over cable so it's a last resort really. Does anyone know any software that can split it without losing the quality?

I tried a few free programs but I don't think they were prepared for a file that big.

Appreciate any answers! Thanks in advance,

Ryan
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    tsmuxer, open m2ts, under split and cut can you cut by size, save as new m2ts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    tsmuxer, open m2ts, under split and cut can you cut by size, save as new m2ts.
    Thanks for your reply! I have two blu-ray files, the first one was a .mkv (the original) and I converted to a .mpeg. Neither of them work with this program either, both turn up the same error message:

Reading buffer overflow. Possible container streams are not syncronized. Please, verify stream fps. File name: C:\Documents and Settings\dicksmith electronic\My Documents\Downloads\Avatar (2009) 1080p BluRay\Avatar.bluray.x264.mpg

I set it to split every 3GB, checked the button saying "Blu-Ray disc" and hit "Start Muxing." Repeated the process with both files and also tried to check TS Muxing to see if it made a difference, but that turned up the same error.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    THose are not any blu-ray files. Moving you to our video conversion section. Please try give all details and it will be easier to help...

HOW did you convert to mpg?

I would just try any mkv to mp4, vob, avchd/blu-ray converter https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/all-in-one-mkv-to-mp4-avchd-ts
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry about that, not up to date with these new files but I'm doing my best to give all the details. I converted the file with mkv2vob. Glad to hear there's a chance it can be done.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Had a look at your link. I should mention that I don't want to convert it again as I need a file format that the PS3 can read (MPG is the standard I believe) unless you know a better alternative? Can I still use this program to cut it?

Thanks for your speedy responses by the way.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't mkv2vob split? It should at least split automatically if you output to a fat32 drive.

And yes, the ps3 supports mp4, m2ts.

Or just rerip from your original blu-ray and split the m2ts.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Like I said, I'm a novice. Just spent 10 hours trying to figure out how to get this file on the PS3 without a cross-over cable and all it took was redirecting it to the D: Drive in the first place. Thanks a bunch for your help. I'm re-directing the new conversion there now and I'll (hopefully) make a final post to let you know how it goes.
    Quote Quote