VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I noticed one trialware that might need adding as of 6.0: DVDFab. The newest one includes a video converter (and it converted even MKV with subs!). I tried the feature with such (848x480 mkv, Aegis Subs on the inside, Subrips on the outside), and it converted flawlessly.
    MKV: Merely Krappy Video.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

For those frustrated with converting MKV: http://www.immortalmusic.net/mkv/
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My new favorite for converting anything to AVI, and I mean anything, is Format Factory. What I like most about it is you can configure your output to exactly what you want. So far I've gotten flawless conversions. BUT... you must check your original source & try and make your conversion as close to the original as possible. I use GSpot to get picture size, frame rate & audio, and Media Info to get bit rate. Then I set up Format Factory to get as close a match as I can. The results has always been identical to the original. It especially works great converting MKV's.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dfisher052
    My new favorite for converting anything to AVI, and I mean anything, is Format Factory. What I like most about it is you can configure your output to exactly what you want. So far I've gotten flawless conversions. BUT... you must check your original source & try and make your conversion as close to the original as possible. I use GSpot to get picture size, frame rate & audio, and Media Info to get bit rate. Then I set up Format Factory to get as close a match as I can. The results has always been identical to the original. It especially works great converting MKV's.
    I have tried that. I had issues with it on some of my PMPs (Archos 605 and iRiver 120). DVDFab can easily be hacked to fit them in. I'll have to figure out a tutorial for DVDFab.

Subbers, a request from an avid viewer: Either don't use mkv, or supply avi or mp4 as an alternative.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...and as you can see from my signature, I have a tutorial on conversion with DVDFab. I use the KISS method to explain

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try also, Xmedia Recode. It has nice options of which padding is one. You can reduce a too big clip to fit on your TV screen, so all titles etc. are visible. It's worth it for that alone.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i have just downloaded super and it asked me for an activation code otherwise it would have the logo embedded into the video. I thought it was free?

did i download the wrong system AVS video converter 6???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's not SUPER, unless they've just recently changed it to require some form of registration (doubtful). It sounds as though you told SUPER to use DirectShow, and it's one of your codec filters giving you that message. What video codec did you tell SUPER to use?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    don't trust in Free software
    Pity, because most of the pay-per format conversion software is rubbish. Converter websites are for those that favour convenience over all other factors, including quality. I would rather have control over what I am getting.

That said, I don't use video dumping grounds like youtube as source material either.
    WOW guns1inger is totally talkin directly to me! I'm one of those dudes that plunked $ for a converter. I bought Opell's 'Video to avi, etc, etc, 3GP zune converter" to convert files to mostly divx.

Anyway, I've converted mp4 files into "AVI movie-DivX-video interleaved (*.avi)". There were several *.avi file types, didn't know the difference, so chose this one.

The resolution was HORRIBLE! The original mp4 file had good almost HD resolution. The conversion was washed up, like a haze and totally unwatchable. It didn't look like this program had controls for increasing resolution, either.

Does anyone have experience with this converter? Can the resolution be improved? Can anyone recommend a converter that can convert mp4 to avi and preserving resolution? Freeware is always welcome!

Thanks for the help!
    On Relativity
    "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." Michael Apostolius, Proverbs (15th C)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi ,

I'm looking for a Professional software able to convert .mov files into .mkv.

Also I want to find out a software able to merge / join / link the .mov files maintaining their characteristics..

Thanks !!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Add XMedia Recode, an excellent free program that allows padding.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Avanti isnt on the list?
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    is there any of you that know any site that i can use to dowlnoad free videos that are RMVB format?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i have a mp4 but its not plying videos that are in mpg or avi. i realy need some help here. i download some software but none of the cant convert to rmbv.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    is there any one who can help me in converting my vieoa files to rmvb
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jaso2n
    is there any one who can help me in converting my vieoa files to rmvb
    Real Producer.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    thanks jagoba, but i also need a site that can also download rmvb format videos too
    Quote Quote  
  17. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Shilar
    I noticed one trialware that might need adding as of 6.0: DVDFab. The newest one includes a video converter (and it converted even MKV with subs!). I tried the feature with such (848x480 mkv, Aegis Subs on the inside, Subrips on the outside), and it converted flawlessly.
    I'm not having any luck with DVD Fab 6.2.0.5, File to Mobile, trying to convert an ordinary DVD Video with .vob files into an .avi file. I've tried it on just the main movie, both with 1GB .vob files and one big .vob file; having just one .vob file doesn't help. It sometimes converts something (a .vob file) OK, which plays OK as an .avi, but the result is always incomplete. I get the message "format unsupported" when it refuses to convert a particular .vob file. Also it won't combine the .vob files into the resulting .avi so I'll have a continuous playback of the entire movie. I must be missing doing something, an important step - what?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems most people use a combination of programs to move their videos onto their devices. I use DVDSmith Movie Backup, VOB2MPG, and AVC. I was using Super but Any Video Converter seems to do a better job and is quicker and much easier to use. The combination of the three programs seems to be key to getting it done right the first time... and all three are free.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi .. i just join this forum ... i have one question ..after converting h 264 file to ts by [ojosoftvideo] when i play this file on nfusionhd ...pic is pixleing some time .....expert help plz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @brar007

ojosoftvideo is NOT a professional soft...If u like to use this one , i suggest u to update codecs and players too.
    Otherwise ,will be better for u to use a professional soft like MeGui , or Ripbot264 , which are dedicated for such operations
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what's the fastest to convert DVD to DVI (or MKV)
    i use XviD4PSP but it takes 5-6 hrs to do it
    im on vista, 3.4ghz single core CPU with 2gb RAM
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunatelly a slower OS works hard in encoding operations..5-6 hours is a good time for your PC
    Btw , do you want to convert an .avi to .mkv ???
    As for me I would not recommend such a conversion...Is it over hand, anyhow....
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Benjy
    Unfortunatelly a slower OS works hard in encoding operations..5-6 hours is a good time for your PC
    Btw , do you want to convert an .avi to .mkv ???
    As for me I would not recommend such a conversion...Is it over hand, anyhow....
    im trying to convert a regular DVD9 to either AVI or MKV
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an issue with one mkv file I downloaded. It is supposed to be a rip of a PAL dvd ripped to mkv container with srt subtitles and supposedly to be converted to NTFC.

The problem is as follows. The mkv header shows the video image resolution to be 716 x 570 and display resolution to be 1055 x 570. The FPS rate is a strange 23.952. The file plays flawlessly in VLC on the pc including perfect sync of the subtitles. I however need to convert this to an avi file so that it can be played on standalone dvd players.

I used Super version 37 and manually selected the correct video resolution. The file converted lawlessly at 23.976 fps audio too is synced perfectly. The problem is the duration reduced by close to 5 minutes and now the subtitles are out of sync.

I need to shrink the subtitle file by this period of 5 minutes so that they are in sync again. Is there ANY software that will allow me to define the end time and change the timing proportionately across the length of the movie? Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post
    Originally Posted by Shilar
    I'm not having any luck with DVD Fab 6.2.0.5, File to Mobile, trying to convert an ordinary DVD Video with .vob files into an .avi file. I've tried it on just the main movie, both with 1GB .vob files and one big .vob file; having just one .vob file doesn't help. It sometimes converts something (a .vob file) OK, which plays OK as an .avi, but the result is always incomplete. I get the message "format unsupported" when it refuses to convert a particular .vob file. Also it won't combine the .vob files into the resulting .avi so I'll have a continuous playback of the entire movie. I must be missing doing something, an important step - what?
    Well, you might try the "DVD to mobile" option. "File to mobile" is meant to convert any PC container format to a format compatible with your mobile device (like PSP mp4 to iRiver avi). DVD to mobile converts a DVD to the mobile format.

Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's what I want to do.

I have some shows recorded on a panasonic HDD recorder most are in extended play mode not sp mode.

I can copy that original file to a folder afdter burning it to dvd for playback.

My goal is to edit it for time about 35-55 minutes

then convert it and upload it to youtube.

So, I'm looking for freeware to do that....I see plus and minus for super

I'm wondering if anyone has experience doing what I'm describing
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's the best freeware for converting HD MP4's to .avi?
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by micallen View Post
    FormatFactory of course.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Shilar View Post
    FormatFactory of course.
    If you don't mind it installing a boatload of codecs that supersede any existing ones.

Avidemux works well, and has a bunch of internal filters.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    Originally Posted by Shilar View Post
    FormatFactory of course.
    If you don't mind it installing a boatload of codecs that supersede any existing ones.

Avidemux works well, and has a bunch of internal filters.
    Funny, the FormatFactory I use uses mencoder, which also doesn't require any codec packs.

Quote Quote