VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just released V1.4.42 with some fixes+optimizations and some new tools & filters
    I'm the developer behind FFQueue. My posts might reflect this! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3055
Size:  5.1 KB
    Whether path has spaces or not.
    Using latest version on Windows 8.1 64 bit and neither 32/64 bit ffmpeg works
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blud7 View Post
    [Attachment 30179 - Click to enlarge]

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this behaviour. It might have something to do with characters in the path that must be escaped. Would you please post the full path to where you have ffmpeg located? And if anyone else have the same issue, please post the full path as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Path is C:/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.exe
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Path is C:/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.exe
    "/" is not a valid path separator in windows - please change it to C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe and make sure that ffprobe.exe is also located in the folder. The next version will automatically replace "/" with "\" for convenience
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by blud7 View Post
    [Attachment 30179 - Click to enlarge]

C:\Users\Dean\Downloads\FFQueue\ffmpeg.exe
    Got the same problem

[EDIT]
    FFqueue fails on anything above ffmpeg-2.5.2
    Last edited by Dean84; 15th Feb 2015 at 08:10.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dean84 View Post
    FFqueue fails on anything above ffmpeg-2.5.2
    I've just uploaded V1.4.43 that fixes this issue. Thanks ALOT for this information!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by TorBru View Post
    Path is C:/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.exe
    "/" is not a valid path separator in windows - please change it to C:\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe and make sure that ffprobe.exe is also located in the folder. The next version will automatically replace "/" with "\" for convenience
    Lol I meant to put the strokes the other direction, I mix them up.
    Latest version fixes the problem though. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just published V1.5.44 with a lot of optimizations and a port to Linux (Debian 64bit). Any disto based on Debian should in theory run the Linux version without issues but I'd still be very interrested in peoples experiences with running FFQ on different distros
    Quote Quote  
  10. I can't select x264 crf mode, it's grayed out! I mean the quality setting under my preset is grayed out.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    I can't select x264 crf mode, it's grayed out! I mean the quality setting under my preset is grayed out.
    The quality setting uses the -q parameter which is intended for codecs like xvid, divx and so on. The x264/x265 options for CRF (constant rate factor or constant quality, parameters -crf and -crf_max) are called Best constant quality and Worst constant quality and these are the ones you should use.
    Quote Quote  
  12. ok, thanks. So I chose a Best Constant Quality of 20. I then look at the Bitrate tab and it's not grayed out. Is it ignored now that I have selected Best Constant Quality? I'm sort of confused because I don't know if I'm getting crf mode or bitrate mode?

Ok, update, I ran the preview with Best Constant Quality of 20 and it terminated quickly. I see the command line in the window and both bitrate and crf are there which I don't think both should be!

Update - removed bitrate field to blank, now bitrate not showing in command line.

The ffmpeg window flashes so fast how do I find my problem. Can I keep the ffmpeg window open somehow, like cmd /k??
    Last edited by tyee; 30th Sep 2015 at 01:27.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is intentional that both bit rate and constant rate factor can be applied to the command line. Even though you use constant quality you can still force a maximum and minimum allowed bit rate - even if this seems illogical. Leaving fields empty will remove them from the commmand line.

If the preview command flashes it is because of an error in the command line. You can test the command line by starting the encoding job (right click the job and click "Start selected"). You can then se if the command works or not - if it works, encoding starts and you can abort it. If it does not work ffmpeg will most likely display what is wrong. If you cannot spot the issue you can post the contents of the console here.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Ok, I'm getting there. I want to convert an mkv to mp4. The video setup I know, for the 5.1 audio I used neroaacenc via eac3to and I got an aac audio file. Now how do I use it in FFQueue? You don't have neroaacenc in your audio codecs list so I could not have selected it there.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By default FFQueue only displays a list of commonly used codecs, to display all codecs you must enable full codec listing in options. Remember, FFQ uses ffmpeg as encoder and if the codec is not supported by ffmpeg, FFQ cannot support it either.

As I understand you, you have a MKV-video and an AAC-audio file (two separate files). You want to reencode the video and copy the audio into a MP4 file. To do this you must create a preset with the desired video encoding properties, and on the audio tab you must select "Copy" as codec. Now you must create a job with input #1 set to the MKV file, and input #2 set to the audio file. In the stream list you must tick the audio and video streams that you want to have in the MP4 file. As output file you enter the target file (*.MP4) and as encoding you must select the preset you just want to use (the one just created). Save the job and start the queue (or right-click the job and start selected). If ffmpeg can handle the input files the encoding / remuxing will start.

TIP: If you do not want to loose quality by re-encoding the video from the MKV, and the encoding used in the MKV is MP4-compatible, you can just copy the video stream by selecting Copy as video codec in the preset.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Great, I'll give it a try! Thanks for this info.

Update - works just fine! One note - for the subs, which are supported by mp4 files, I had to select under my preset/subtitles, mov_text to get it to copy the subs from the original mkv. Just selecting "copy" did not work. This is an ffmpeg problem, not a FFQueue problem. I googled to find this solution.
    Last edited by tyee; 2nd Oct 2015 at 12:07.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just uploaded V1.6.45 - major changes are:

- New job editor with more that two input files and per file input options.
    - Queue unlocked; You can now add, remove, start & stop (and more) jobs when encodiner is running.
    - Pad & scale filters have been updated to support "fit to rect" and "blurred video source" as padding. These features have also been added to concat tool meaning that you can concat multiple files of different dimensions without stretching.

Please review the change log for further info and please provide some feedback
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi!

I tried something simple (yet torturous to do with ffmpeg's cli) merging two files. I used the remux content option. Almost everything is fine except that embedded .srt subtitles were converted to .ass (so not just muxing) and became formatted.

Anyways it already succeds when all ffmpeg gui-s failed me before. None could do something as simple as joining two files.
    BTW how would I go about it if I also wanted to re-encode audio or video and not just merge the files? I see no video/audio options in this section.
    Last edited by mzso; 30th Dec 2015 at 10:43.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For concatenation you have two options:

1) You use the simple concat (remux) option which utilizes ffmpeg's concat format: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-formats.html#concat-1
    2) You do a full recode of both audio and video (requires a suitable preset) which utilizes ffmpeg's concat filter: https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#concat

If you only want to concat video but recode audio (or vice versa) you will first need to concat the files and then encode the concatenated file with encoding on the audio and remuxing on the video (using the Copy codec in the preset).
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just uploaded V1.7.46, major new feature is advanced cutting of video & audio with visual interface:

http://ffqueue.bruchhaus.dk/gfx/Screen2_2.png feature documentation: http://ffqueue.bruchhaus.dk/Documentation.aspx#advcuts

It works quite nice on Windows but on Linux it's still a bit wonky. Other than that there are some fixes, new filter support and other stuff!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Looks good.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Just took a quick look at the new version. I'm in need of ffmpeg to make a DVD. I know there is the switch of -target ntsc-dvd but does FFQueue have that built in and does it create the file structure for a true DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tyee View Post
    Just took a quick look at the new version. I'm in need of ffmpeg to make a DVD. I know there is the switch of -target ntsc-dvd but does FFQueue have that built in and does it create the file structure for a true DVD?
    The switch is not built into FFQueue. If you want to use the "-target" switch in a preset, you can do so on the "Miscellaneous" tab in the "Custom commandline arguments" section
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    V1.7.47 available. Bug fixes and feature requests
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Excellent
    Any detailed Changelog ?

Thanks for your work TorBru
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CyberOtter View Post
    Excellent
    Any detailed Changelog ?

Thanks for your work TorBru
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/FFQueue/version-history#changelog
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Well thank you Baldrick ! But I was aware of this changelog.
    I was actually asking about the most recent update, not the one back in January (which is the last one in the page you linked..)

I was just curious about the "feature requests" that were implemented in 1.7.47
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Oops. I missed that it didn't contain any changelog for last version. I'm also waiting for it...

okey found it.

V1.7.47 of September 6th 2016
    Linux: Due to complaints about the lack of compatibility I have reverted the build platform to Wheezy / Ubuntu 14 and statically linked libgcc.
    BUG FIX: Control sizes for filter list and meta data grid in the preset editor was not as intended on Linux.
    BUG FIX: Multiple fixes of possible bad data type assertions in string formatting.
    BUG FIX: Launching the preset manager from the job editor may have caused an error if no presets where available.
    BUG FIX: Aborting an encoding job might have caused FFQueue to stop working (SIGSEGV crash) due to regressions in the queue handling code (most likely introduced with V1.5.44).
    Added filter implementation of "dynaudnorm" for audio normalization as requested by "Dave" (no, mp4gain cannot be implemented since this is an FFmpeg GUI .
    BUG FIX: In the queue list, right clicking an item and edit its preset would always give focus to the last item in the list.
    Added preset feature to let FFQueue set file time of output file to file time of input file.
    Added feature to define custom console command (for Linux users not using xterm). See docs for more info.
    Added feature to let FFQueue guesstimate which preset to use when creating new jobs.
    BUG FIX: When status of selected item changed, buttons were not updated accordingly.
    BUG FIX: Newer versions of FFmpeg requires option "-safe 0" for simple concatenation to work. Thanks to "kaloc" for the tip!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just released a minor bug fix release and opened the source under the GPL3, happy forking
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The is the last version BUMP I will make, no reason for it anymore.. V1.7.49 released..

@VideoHelp: There is an error in the changelog on videohelp: The date for V1.7.49 should be 19th and not 11th (as initially uploaded)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!