VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm pretty new to ripping Blurays and have a problem regarding subtitles. I have several ripped Bluray's and have been Remuxing them using TSMuxer, just taking the main movie .m2ts and the English HD audio and leaving everything else out. (This is for use in a stand alone media player as well as VLC on my pc.

The movies and sound are fine, but I suddenly realised when watching Avatar for instance, that there was no english subtitles in the bits where the aliens speak to each other and similar in Gran Torino when the Chinese people speak to each other.

I have tried leaving the english pgs files ticked when remuxing, but doesn't seem to make a difference when playing the outputted .m2ts file. Any suggestions please?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There were a few posts here about a month ago re: this problem. Check this site for Navi subtitles.. Evidently, those subs were not hard subbed but were in a separate m2ts. I downloaded mine from this site as a srt file and just play them externally.

Also most subtitle sites have them for download.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does your standalone player support blu-ray pgs subtitles ? If not then extract to sub or srt. See https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319925-Avatar-%28BD%29-Na-vi-Subtitles-Help?p=19819...=1#post1981914
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm not sure if it supports them or not to be honest. I had a look at the link you mentioned but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at? Someone in there mentions the subs are in 0002.m2ts, so I would need to extact the Navi bits from there and remux it together with main movie? Does anyone know if Tsmuxer is capable of doing this?

What about other films with non-english bits in though? I've come across a few in my collection, do I just download the subs from somewhere else and remux it together or try and find it in the .m2ts files trail and error?

Thanks for you help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just had a look at 0002.m2ts with BD-Info for the Avatar Bluray and this is the main movie file, not a seperate subs file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Your player probably doesn't support blu-ray pgs subs then. Most doesn't. Have you tried with an external subtitle file? video.m2ts and video.srt for example.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Not yet, Is it possible to mux them together with the existing main movie .m2ts file.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Well, I've since found out that I should be using "Suprip" to convert Sup files to .srt which can then just be included in a folder on the hardrive and will play automatically (as long as it's named the same). Trouble is though Suprip can't seem to find any Sup files, do I need to first extract them from the .m2ts file and if so how please?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, you must extract them from the m2ts, use clown_bd or hdbrstreamextractor.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you've been remuxing them with tsMuxer than you shouldn't have any problem demuxing the PGSsups that you want out of the m2ts with that program.

Suprip works very well. It takes a little practice and patience in the beginning. But once you get the settings right, it's quick.

Tony
    Quote Quote