VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am a huge Video quality snob, so that also comes down to me ripping my Blu-rays lossless. Well I ran into a problem, When I am ripping my 3D blu-rays I am selecting Full SBS but they come out clear, but at a weird ratio. 3776x1080 so on my 100" screen its really small. Please help. I tried DVDFab too and it does the same thing. attached is a screen shot. Any help will be appreciated.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	207
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	50450  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ripping 3D Blurays truly losslessly would mean leaving them as MVC. What you are doing is reconverting to a 2Dframe-compatible AVC/h264 file, incurring loss.

How are you viewing these (device/screen, resolution, settings)?

2D fullHD bluray would be 1920x1080, so a dual, side-by-side would/should amount to 3840x1080. You say 3776, but are you saying that because you are discounting some black in the image? (I see what looks to be some there). If so, NEVER do that with 3D, as those are important to properly work with a dynamic 3d-Window. Otherwise, you will have visual issues of things being in front of the screen being cut off on one side, etc. The black is important.

Perhaps you should re-encode to Full TAB format (1920x2160) instead as it is less disconcerting to those who don't like letter/pillarboxing during resizing.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    ok I will give that a try, I am going to use a different program because although BD3D2MK3D converts them, when playing the movie, half way through it just freezes, So I will try DVD Fab again with TAB. Thanks for the help.

I know it's not going to be lossless with 3D, but I can rip higher quality then trying to download someone else ripped that wants to save HDD space.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm the author of BD3D2MK3D, and I strongly disagree with the idea to use DVDFab instead. (Seriously, the final quality is less good.) Sorry for the late reply. I don't visit this forum often.

Obviously, you have an aspect ratio problem. It is due to the fact that there is no well established standard for Full-SBS or Full-TAB. Some TVs or players require the aspect ratio of the full (double) view. and others require it after the split. It's why you can select the best AR for your equipment. Just play with the two options in the Settings -> Full-SBS/T&B Aspect Ratio menu. Try especially the "Use 16:9 AR for both" option. It has already solved the problem for many peoples.

Please let us know what combination gives the correct result for you, and with what player or hardware equipment you play it.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote