VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I still can't believe that there's not an app out there that will capture screenshots of Blu-ray menus. You can decrypt and rip the whole shebang. You can even edit the menu like I did with The Black Hole today, because Disney are idiots.

BUT....

I can't take a screenshot of the menu in it's entirety with the buttons and text. I was told that Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 is able to do this, but I can't find anything older than version 5.

Can someone please help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that was no help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had a feeling this was going to be a tough one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Video is normally in overlay mode, and you can't screencap it.
    It must be opened in something that allows screencaps in this mode. VLC is one potential method.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Indeed. Already tried, but thanks.

**EDIT** Using VLC with a brand-new install of Java helped with one of the titles, so thanks for the extra push I needed to try it. It's not a 100% solution, but it's a start.
    Last edited by User897; 25th Aug 2019 at 03:45.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Also, in the Blu-ray tab, uncheck the "No menus" checkbox if you want to try going after menu screenshots. Then press Alt-Print Screen and paste into Paint Or Photoshop or whatever. If it asks to resample the image, it's best to choose No.

That's all well and good, but I still am going to continue my search for Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3. Unless a new option comes along.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I think I have the TMT3 installer backed up somewhere. It's really nowhere to be found online?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    I think I have the TMT3 installer backed up somewhere. It's really nowhere to be found online?
    Hi and thanks for the reply!

It is true, I haven't been able to find it anywhere. The oldest version I could find was 5, and even that is dead.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I have the TMT3 installer. I'm certain it won't work on Windows 10. I can't remember the last operating system I used it with. The disc I've got it saved on is from 2011.

Send me a pm.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    I have the TMT3 installer. I'm certain it won't work on Windows 10. I can't remember the last operating system I used it with. The disc I've got it saved on is from 2011.

Send me a pm.
    would it still work if you used the compatibility mode setting under windows 10 ??
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post

Send me a pm.
    would it still work if you used the compatibility mode setting under windows 10 ??
    No, I don't think so. TMT installs a driver of some sort that is incompatible with Windows 10. I had TMT6 and it caused problems constantly, eventually leading to instability.

I'm pretty sure TMT3 won't even install in Windows 10, but I'm not willing to experiment. A Windows XP virtual machine is probably the best bet.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 28th Aug 2019 at 21:19.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh crap, I didn't even think about that. I think the last system it was on was XP. Oh dear.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by User897 View Post
    I still can't believe that there's not an app out there that will capture screenshots of Blu-ray menus. You can decrypt and rip the whole shebang. You can even edit the menu like I did with The Black Hole today, because Disney are idiots.

BUT....

I can't take a screenshot of the menu in it's entirety with the buttons and text. I was told that Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 is able to do this, but I can't find anything older than version 5.

Can someone please help?
    If you are after a simple screen shot after bringing up the menu in a suitable blue ray media player use Windows snipping tool
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got the software, but of course it won't run on Windows 10. It installed, but won't open. I wanted to use Sandboxie, but my computer won't even let me install it, stating that it is dangerous. I used it on my last Windows 10 machine. I know I need a VM, but not sure at all where to get one.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Does TMT3 run if you disable Data Execution Prevention for the EXE? I have a .reg file in my TMT3 installer folder with a note I wrote saying that BD-J menus crash due to DEP. I think this was on Win7. Maybe Win10's additional protections prevent running altogether. Or maybe the video subsystem in Win10 really is too different for it to work.

https://www.virtualbox.org/ is free, if you choose to pursue the VM option.

I hope you don't need pixel-perfect captures. I'm not 100‰ sure about the menus, but for its Screenshot function in general, TMT3 degrades the image, apparently by design.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the input! I've decided to abandon this ill-fated attempt, but I am saving everything just in case I want to try again in the future.
    Quote Quote