1. Member
    Search PM
    i use dvdfab for the ripping and encoding. im not alone with this problem
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kn5150 View Post
    i use dvdfab for the ripping and encoding. im not alone with this problem
    Why don't you post 15 - 30 seconds of your output file that shows the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    just so there is no confusion, ive added pics of what im trying to do.

[Attachment 49179 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 49180 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 49181 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 49182 - Click to enlarge]

now,the 1st video clip is the jittery clip. pay attention to the credits and especially when you see the girl running. the 2nd clip is how it should look. if youre wondering why theyre mp4 and mkv, well the m2ts file was almost 800mb in size so had to use snagit to capture the video as it was playing. the mkv was created using the dvdfab ripper function. the issue lies within the copy function. ripper is no issue.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by kn5150; 26th May 2019 at 13:26.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just so there is no confusion, ive added pics of what im trying to do.

[Attachment 49179 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 49180 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 49181 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 49182 - Click to enlarge]

now,the 1st video clip is the jittery clip. pay attention to the credits and especially when you see the girl running. the 2nd clip is how it should look. if youre wondering why theyre mp4 and mkv, well the m2ts file was almost 800mb in size so had to use snagit to capture the video as it was playing. the mkv was created using the dvdfab ripper function. the issue lies within the copy function. ripper is no issue.
    there's a new version of dvdfab, 11.0.3.2 update and try again - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab-english/latest-official-releases/368371-new-dvdfa...ut-may-22-2019
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let me see if I get this straight
    proper.mkv is the untouched blu-ray transferred (ripped) to the hard drive
    While jitter.mp4 is a result of your reprocessing, in an attempt to shrink the whole disk (menus included)
    to fit on the 25GB optical disk.

proper.mkv is 23.976 fps @ 720p, legal blu-ray - although the bitrate is very low
    jitter.mp4 is only 14.5 fps, no wonder it looks like crap -but this could be the effect of using snagit.

Best to create a proper clip using Avidemux.
    First, open the m2ts in mkvtoolnix and create an mkv file
    Open this new mkv in Avidemux (leave "video output" as "copy")
    (you can disable the audio from the audio menu at the top if you like)
    use the A and B markers to select your clip, set "output format" to "mp4 muxer"
    and save your clip and upload it here

You could also check the m2ts in mediainfo for a corroboration of the frame rate and resolution
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    makes no difference. the jitter video is exactly the same with the m2ts extension. i merely captured the m2ts video with snagit because the m2ts file was almost 800meg. the mkv file is just to show how the video is supposed to look. if i could upload the m2ts file i would. its exactly the same. jitter.m2ts and jitter.mp4 are exactly the same. look, i have tried every variable combination. old version, new version, 32bit, 64bit, old driver, new driver, intel video card, nvidia video card, gpu this and cuda that. version 11 altogether is crap. version 9 was the best. ive never in my life needed a video card to do any encoding, ripping, copying, etc.. ive gone out of my way to upgrade my pc case just to buy a video card. dvdfab should have stopped at version 9 coz never had any issues like this. just my disgruntled 2 cents. when i had version 9 i could shrink a bd50 to a bd25 with no jitter and no video card. version 11 is no good period.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    makes no difference. the jitter video is exactly the same with the m2ts extension. i merely captured the m2ts video with snagit because the m2ts file was almost 800meg. the mkv file is just to show how the video is supposed to look. if i could upload the m2ts file i would. its exactly the same. jitter.m2ts and jitter.mp4 are exactly the same. look, i have tried every variable combination. old version, new version, 32bit, 64bit, old driver, new driver, intel video card, nvidia video card, gpu this and cuda that. version 11 altogether is crap. version 9 was the best. ive never in my life needed a video card to do any encoding, ripping, copying, etc.. ive gone out of my way to upgrade my pc case just to buy a video card. dvdfab should have stopped at version 9 coz never had any issues like this. just my disgruntled 2 cents. when i had version 9 i could shrink a bd50 to a bd25 with no jitter and no video card. version 11 is no good period.
    Unfortunately I do not have DVDFab so I cannot help you with that.
    Perhaps you should take a screen shot of the m2ts in mediainfo (text view) and provide that to the DVDFab
    forum or support what ever they have. Did you at least look at it and verify the bad frame rate?
    If you see it, that's enough to have something concrete to go there with

If the frame rate is normal 23.976, then perhaps there may be some point in having somebody look at it.
    Post it to a file hosting site such as dropbox, mediafire, mega.nz, etc,etc

Why not get the mediainfo report and post it here? (text view)

According to this the program creates a series of diagnostic logs. Do you have them?
    https://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/settings/diagnosis
    Last edited by davexnet; 26th May 2019 at 18:50.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    here
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    here
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here
    have you tried the latest version i linked to in post #34 ??
    you are using an older version.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your 25gb m2ts report
    shows the frame rate is normal 23.976. Somehow there are pieces of the puzzle missing.

Your proper.mkv had a really low bitrate. Is that from the main movie? Is it the original from the bluray?
    What was the complete size of the original blu-ray in GB's ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    here
    have you tried the latest version i linked to in post #34 ??
    you are using an older version.
    have you read post 36??
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Your 25gb m2ts report
    shows the frame rate is normal 23.976. Somehow there are pieces of the puzzle missing.

Your proper.mkv had a really low bitrate. Is that from the main movie? Is it the original from the bluray?
    the complete size disc is 29gb. i used dvdfab ripper for that short section and used mkv as the container JUST to show how the film is supposed to look without the jitters. By no means its blu ray quality. i just did that little rip for an example to compare it to the jitter video
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your 25gb m2ts report

the complete size disc is 29gb. i used dvdfab ripper for that short section and used mkv as the container JUST to show how the film is supposed to look without the jitters. By no means its blu ray quality. i just did that little rip for an example to compare it to the jitter video
    Sorry I'm unable to spot the problem based on what I've seen. Provide DVDFab a sample of the output, have them explain it
    and/or post a small section here as I mentioned earlier
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Your 25gb m2ts report

Sorry I'm unable to spot the problem based on what I've seen. Provide DVDFab a sample of the output, have them explain it
    and/or post a small section here as I mentioned earlier
    ive done that already, even they dont know whats wrong
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw this post on the DVD fab forum, the advice was to rip the original disk to the HDD uncompressed
    then use TSmuxer on the main movie m2ts file.
    Once this is done compress to BD25 using this HDD version as the source.
    For this kind of troubleshooting you should disable all HW assist and make sure only CPU/Software is used.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/software-support-english/dvdfab-blu-ray-copy/12998-compr...yback-stutters
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    i never had that issue with dvdfab 8 or 9. my issue is now with 11.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i never had that issue with dvdfab 8 or 9. my issue is now with 11.
    Any reason you can't uninstall and revert to an earlier version ?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    earlier versions dont accept current blu ray discs. i have given dvdfab the flick. its just not the same anymore. ive never had 1 program give me so much grief. decided to pay for anydvdhd and clonebd. the 2 best bits of software anyone will ever need to cloning blu rays. oh and guess what, no jitter with clonebd. shrinking and cloning still produces a beautiful picture.
    Quote Quote