VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Is there a way to check for uhd-bd=1 compliance before I encode something? I'm using Xmedia Recode right now, and I'm using the option for Ultra HD Blu-ray.

This is what the help section says
    Enable Ultra HD Blu-ray format support.
    If specified with incompatible encoding options, the encoder will attempt to modify/set the right encode specifications. If the encoder is unable to do so, this option will be turned OFF.

I quickly ran an encode using Handbrake with no settings applied other than uhd-bd=1, and it was able to maintain this without going to uhd-bd=0.

So, is there something with these encoding settings below that would cause the encoder to go trigger uhd-bd=0?

Thank you,
    Carl.

Encoding settings : cpuid=1111039 / frame-threads=1 / wpp / no-pmode / no-pme / no-psnr / no-ssim / log-level=2 / input-csp=1 / input-res=3840x1714 / interlace=0 / total-frames=0 / level-idc=51 / high-tier=1 / uhd-bd=0 / ref=5 / no-allow-non-conformance / repeat-headers / annexb / aud / hrd / info / hash=0 / no-temporal-layers / no-open-gop / min-keyint=1 / keyint=24 / gop-lookahead=0 / bframes=3 / b-adapt=2 / b-pyramid / bframe-bias=0 / rc-lookahead=24 / lookahead-slices=0 / scenecut=40 / hist-scenecut=0 / radl=0 / no-splice / no-intra-refresh / ctu=64 / min-cu-size=8 / no-rect / no-amp / max-tu-size=32 / tu-inter-depth=4 / tu-intra-depth=4 / limit-tu=0 / rdoq-level=2 / dynamic-rd=0.00 / no-ssim-rd / no-signhide / no-tskip / nr-intra=0 / nr-inter=0 / no-constrained-intra / no-strong-intra-smoothing / max-merge=1 / limit-refs=0 / no-limit-modes / me=1 / subme=2 / merange=57 / temporal-mvp / no-frame-dup / no-hme / weightp / weightb / no-analyze-src-pics / no-deblock / no-sao / no-sao-non-deblock / rd=2 / selective-sao=0 / no-early-skip / no-rskip / no-fast-intra / no-tskip-fast / no-cu-lossless / no-b-intra / no-splitrd-skip / rdpenalty=0 / psy-rd=0.00 / psy-rdoq=0.00 / no-rd-refine / no-lossless / cbqpoffs=0 / crqpoffs=0 / rc=crf / crf=0.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpstep=4 / stats-write=0 / stats-read=0 / vbv-maxrate=98000 / vbv-bufsize=99000 / vbv-init=0.9 / min-vbv-fullness=50.0 / max-vbv-fullness=80.0 / crf-max=0.0 / crf-min=0.0 / ipratio=1.40 / pbratio=1.00 / aq-mode=3 / aq-strength=0.00 / cutree / zone-count=0 / no-strict-cbr / qg-size=32 / no-rc-grain / qpmax=69 / qpmin=0 / no-const-vbv / sar=1 / overscan=0 / videoformat=2 / range=0 / colorprim=1 / transfer=1 / colormatrix=1 / chromaloc=1 / chromaloc-top=0 / chromaloc-bottom=0 / display-window=0 / cll=0,0 / min-luma=0 / max-luma=1023 / log2-max-poc-lsb=8 / vui-timing-info / vui-hrd-info / slices=1 / no-opt-qp-pps / no-opt-ref-list-length-pps / no-multi-pass-opt-rps / scenecut-bias=0.00 / hist-threshold=0.03 / no-opt-cu-delta-qp / no-aq-motion / no-hdr10 / no-hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt / no-idr-recovery-sei / analysis-reuse-level=5 / analysis-save-reuse-level=0 / analysis-load-reuse-level=0 / scale-factor=0 / refine-intra=0 / refine-inter=3 / refine-mv=3 / refine-ctu-distortion=0 / no-limit-sao / ctu-info=0 / no-lowpass-dct / refine-analysis-type=0 / copy-pic=1 / max-ausize-factor=1.0 / no-dynamic-refine / no-single-sei / no-hevc-aq / no-svt / no-field / qp-adaptation-range=1.00 / scenecut-aware-qp=0conformance-window-offsets / right=0 / bottom=0 / decoder-max-rate=0 / no-vbv-live-multi-pass
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the trouble lies with the video resolution. 3840x1714 isn't according uhdbd specs. Black borders have to be added first to get compliant 3840x2160 resolution.

I don't know of any GUI tool that can help adding the borders, but AviSynth can do this. I always do this in software like MeGUI. It has a build in script creator. It does require some basic understanding of how to edit such a script. Which isn't difficult.
    The filter in AviSynth you need is called "AddBorders". For your video, you can add the following text to the AviSynth script:

AddBorders(0, 222, 0, 224)

This will add 222 pixels black border on top and 224 pixels at bottom. Of course you can change these two nummers, but be sure they add up to 446 in this case (your vertical resolution of 1714 needs 2160 - 1714 = 446 pixels totally added). As you're probably dealing with 420 chroma-subsampled video, avoid using odd numbers.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddBorders
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I think the trouble lies with the video resolution. 3840x1714 isn't according uhdbd specs. Black borders have to be added first to get compliant 3840x2160 resolution.

I don't know of any GUI tool that can help adding the borders, but AviSynth can do this. I always do this in software like MeGUI. It has a build in script creator. It does require some basic understanding of how to edit such a script. Which isn't difficult.
    The filter in AviSynth you need is called "AddBorders". For your video, you can add the following text to the AviSynth script:

AddBorders(0, 222, 0, 224)

This will add 222 pixels black border on top and 224 pixels at bottom. Of course you can change these two nummers, but be sure they add up to 446 in this case (your vertical resolution of 1714 needs 2160 - 1714 = 446 pixels totally added). As you're probably dealing with 420 chroma-subsampled video, avoid using odd numbers.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/AddBorders
    Thats a good a point, thank you. I was actually able to do this using Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not that familiar with Handbrake. Good to hear you managed.
    Quote Quote