VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. anyone know how to make smartripper rip faster. i used to rip a dvd in about 30-60 mins but now it take quite longer than that. anyone know how to speed it up? thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Smart ripper runs at the speed your DVD rom drive can support....
    It usally takes me 20-30 minutes for a 100 minute movie or so.
    Also what you are doing in the background on the computer will affect it...
    So to speed it up....get more resources free.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i think my dvd drive support 4x, how can we check? i bought this long time ago. Also it took about almost 2 hrs to rip about 10%, i think that really slow. i think it rip at like 0.1x or something like that. i got 512 MB of DDR running 1.533 Ghz AMD processor. so i think my system is enough to do the job but something is not right.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh I see, Thats slower than dirt....
    Did you say it once worked right and now it does not...or was that on another system?
    Do you use a bat file to start it up with the right command line...mine starts with "smartripper -sn" something to do with NoAspi calls
    Other than that I would probly check and maybe download another smartripper to see if maybe a file got corupted...sould at least work at 1X but never 0.1X.
    Quote Quote  
  5. well i do notice when smart ripper startup and it reading the dvd rom......it said something about no aspi found. is this a problem? i think i do have aspi layers in my computer because my burner work. i dont know anything about aspi could this be a problem. how do i use a comand line? thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I dont know anything about it either...but I use this batch file to enter the command line switches and it always works
    I'll email it to ya...its like less than a kb
    Quote Quote