VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. so i have a lot of mkv files but the subtitle font is awful. i wanna play these files on my tv but with different subtitle font. i dont only have the mkv file so there is no .srt file or something i just open it in vlc and then i can click which subtitle i want. any way to change all the subtitle fonts?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Kawaiiii
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on the subtitle type. If (for example) it is a NASTY PGS subtitle.. there's not much you can do to get rid of it.

If it's .srt or another format.. you can edit it any way you like with tools like the wonderful and amazing Kainote https://www.videohelp.com/software/Kainote
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    galleons gangplank,next time you make a new thread please put in a descriptive title rather than just 'help',more people will help,for this time i changed it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does your hardware player have any options for changing the subtitle font, font size, etc.?

One thing you can try is to create a subtitle file in a format that'll let you choose the font and text style (like SSA/ASS, for example - I should note that SRT normally does NOT have support for font/text styles). Give it the exact same name as the movie file (MyMovie.mkv, MyMovie.ssa), store the fonts used along with the movie... then when playing the video, see if your player allows you to select the external subtitles.

Otherwise, you'll need to unpack each MKV individually, edit the subtitles (if possible) to change/add your fonts, then repack the MKVs.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote