VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm currently using Handbrake's GUI queue to convert some video to x264 in serial fashion and would like to know if anyone has any tips on maximising GPU/CPU usage to reducing encoding time and/or a way to parallel process?

I've been using NVEnc in order to utilise my GPU for conversion, but it only ever seems to register about 10% video encoding usage. I also have an Intel HD 4600 GPU available that supports IntelQSV (currently doing nothing at all) and my i7-4790K shows maybe 20% utilisation. I generally have about 25GB of memory available.

I'd really like to make much better use of my available resources.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Keep in mind that encoding on a GPU is fast, but does not offer the best possible quality, compared to a good software-encode.
    In handbrake, you could turn on igpu for decoding, it might give you a boost and max out your nevnc pipeline.
    You could also try to decode on your nvidia gpu - one very easy way would be to use as-video converter - which gave me the best overall speeds without much configuration to be done when dealing with hardware-encoders and decoders, and also do simple and powerful batch encodes.
    Staxrip and hybrid can also be configured to decode and encode on GPUs.
    Quote Quote